Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Are Quranists too extreme?

Offline samson

• View Profile
Are Quranists too extreme?
« on: November 02, 2017, 05:25:49 AM »
Hi,

I was wondering if Quranists have become too extreme. I am a Quran follower and don't read the hadiths much. However when it comes to prayers I follow the way most Muslims pray. This is because I think that's what God taught our prophet and that's how it was practised. I think it's good that we all pray the same way as it brings us closer. However if Quranists want to pray a different way then I accept it even though I don't agree with it.

What is wrong with praying the was the vast majority of Muslims pray? It's not hard and as I said before I think it's good if everyone does it the same way as it brings us closer.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Re: Are Quranists too extreme?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 06:22:16 AM »
Dear Samson,

I too pray the way most muslims pray. You are right it does create unity. Something which goes with the spirit of the Quran. But I do not do so because I know for sure that God taught this method to his prophet. I do so because simply the current method of prayer does not go against the Quran (for the most part). Actually it mostly fulfills the Quranic requirement for prayer. So I see no need to re-reinvent the wheel. I think its wise to just accept the current method of prayer as Best Practice (as brother Joseph has pointed out).

I hope this helps,

Regards,
Ahmad

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 06:38:59 AM »
Shalom / Peace ......I completely 100% agree with br. Ahmad's view and post .....

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:45:10 AM »
Thanks for both of your responses.  :)