Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Surah (109) Alkafiroon

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Surah (109) Alkafiroon
« on: January 06, 2012, 12:32:41 AM »
Assalam All, This Surah deals with " IBADA". Serving Allah is right but telling  serving Idols is not right translation as stones need no service.Though Shabbir has not used his usual "folowing command"which would be not right as Stones have not able to give commands.Shabbir,ASad & Yousuf Ali used Worship which is right.Does this Surah tell about Praying Allah ? Jawaid has to think about this Surah's message. Thanks for sharing ;D
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Surah (109) Alkafiroon
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2012, 10:57:10 PM »
Excellent point brother Sardar.

It is clear from this verse what the term 'abudu' means. The term 'abd' is well known to the Arabic language and so is the word 'abudu'. I humbly find that those that introduce alien meanings to Quranic words to fit their theology are often left compromised by the Quran which I feel, inherently demands consistency. The Quran's message is so well repeated in multifaceted ways that any theological  inconsistency gets exposed.

039:023
"God has revealed the most beautiful message in the form of a Book consistent with itself yet repeating (its teaching in various aspects); the skins of those who fear their Lord tremble from it; then their skins and their hearts do soften to the celebration of God's praises. Such is the guidance of God: He guides with it whom He pleases but such as God leaves to stray can have none to guide"

'Abudu' inherently carries the meaning of worship, veneration, obedience as a slave, to serve etc. I often find that the emphasis on 'serve' as opposed to 'worship' is often laboured to make a theological point.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards,
Joseph.

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: Surah (109) Alkafiroon
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 11:43:37 PM »
You say Serve Allah by being  obedient to His commands & Follow His guidence.Ok it is fine but does it not mean to pray or worship? Praying or worshiping are having connection with the Creator & praising Him  but our actual duty is to act as Allah has  commanded in our daily life.I also wanted to stress here that idols do not give any  commands to serve or follow, therefore it is worshipping or praying  that is being mentioned in this surah.Thanks for sharing
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light