Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Popular belief : for a person and wife Jannah is on parent's leg or Hunsband

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Dear Brother Joseph ,
As-sa-la-mu-ali-kum,

Since my childhood I have been hearing that Jannah will be sanctioned to a person is on parent's leg or for a women is on Husband leg.
That means if  parent's not satisfied on their child or if a husband not satisfy or disappointed on his wife  in that case no person or wife can not be sanctioned Jannah . I have got this type of statement in Islamic secondary sources .  I will be glad if you can give me a clear perspective of Quran . 

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Wa 3alykum assalam

Dear Beyond Tradition

A common understanding that heaven is present under the feet of ones mother or that the mother is more important than the father by three times, is not supported by the Quran.

No husband, wife, father, mother or anyone has the power to appoint heaven to a soul except God.

You will realize from the Quran that a husband can be a disbeliever and the wife a believer and vice versa. You will also notice from the Quran there is an example of a father that is a believer and the son is a disbeliever and vice versa. The examples are Pharaoh and his wife. Prophet Lot and his wife. Prophet Noah and his son. Prophet Abraham and his father.

Also the Quran warns people that their maybe enemies amongst their spouses and children. (64:16). A common translation of the term "Azwajikum" is wives. However this is not the case. Please see article [2] below.

64:16 O ye who believe! Truly, among your SPOUSES and your children are (some that are) enemies to yourselves: so beware of them! But if ye forgive and overlook, and cover up (their faults), verily Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

As you may notice that such claims are obviously unwarranted and is irrational from a logical perspective.

No one can grant Heaven to anyone only The Almighty Lord Himself.

However as you will appreciate and I'm sure you know that one should not forget that the Quran also does require that kindness, love, goodness, charity, justice, generosity etc should be enjoined from children to parents and husbands to wives and human to human and vice versa.

Salam

PARENTS
http://www.quransmessage.com/articles/parents

AGGRESSIVE (MIS)TRANSLATIONS OF THE QURAN TO ENSLAVE WOMEN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/aggressive%20(mis)translations%20of%20the%20quran%20to%20enslave%20women%20FM3.htm

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Salam all

Dear brother Hamzeh,

Minor correction here, it's 64:14, the ayah you're referring to. I thought I should correct it for the readers.

May Allah reward you good, brother.

Take care.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Thank you brother Ilker for pointing that out. Jazak Allah Khair Insha'Allah

Ramadan Mubarak

Salam