Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Salat / Prayer ( 5 times)

Offline Beyond Tradition

• View Profile
Salat / Prayer ( 5 times)
« on: April 19, 2018, 08:26:38 PM »
Dear Brother Joseph
As-sa-la-mu-ali-kum

I have read your articles regarding 5 times salat . I did not any specific Ra-kat  of each time of Salat .
Just Share me how many Rakats you personally for yourself follow . You must not be responsible if anybody follow your sunnah.
and I make sure you I will not hold you responsible in the Day of Judgement for anything I follow you is wrong .

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Salat / Prayer ( 5 times)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2018, 09:03:43 PM »
Dear Beyond Tradition,

Wa alaikum assalam

The requirement for the believer is to 'establish' ritual salaat. Certain expectations that form part of the ritual salaat are shared by the Quran which I have discussed in many of my articles already.

I find that the current ritual method of salaat  that has reached us through en masse practice does not contravene these Quranic requirements. Therefore, I have absolutely no qualms in assimilating with the current salaat method. In my view, there is no need to 'reinvent the wheel '.

I find nearly all (if not all) the major traditional sects to satisfy the Quranic directive to 'establish ' prayer. I would also not hesitate to invite my brothers and sisters to join congregations and assimilate in peace for the sake of God.

I have a slightly more elaborate response below:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=486.0

I hope this helps, God willing.

Regards,
Joseph
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell