Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Resurrection explained by a parable

Offline optimist

• View Profile
Re: Resurrection explained by a parable
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2012, 07:08:52 PM »
Also, one more thing.....if it was all these "miraculous powers" as we try to interpret, like the winds, the jinns, the birds, Hud-Hud, etc, that eabled Solomon to achieve the goals, then i think there is nothing to feel great about his achievement.  With miracles everything is possible.  I prefer to believe Solomon as a Nepolion of his times holding the flag of Islam (without possessing any miraculous powers).   This makes me respect Solomon more.   He is a role model for a truely islamic world in present times.   Therefore, I am more inclined to the exposition of Parwez in this regard.
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2012, 11:37:01 PM »
Aslamaolaikum Optimist

I have been reading this thread very carefully. I note the following verses from the Quran which we should always remember when understanding and studying it.

"An Arabic Quran without any crookedness" [39:28]

"So We have only made it easy in your tongue" [19.97]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:17]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:22]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:32]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:40]

If you feel that the explanations you are offering satisfy the above, then that is of course, up to you. We are all answerable to Allah on our own.

Please can I say that I do not find your explanations convincing at all and the interpretations you have shared is basically a result of not wanting to accept what the Quran says in basic Arabic speech.

Like Truth-seeker, I think Ghulam Parwez had a problem with accepting certain passages of the Quran when it was clear how the Arabs understood the message which was in clear Arabic speech. Rather than accepting it, he found imaginative ways using dictionaries to reinterpret them.  Saba.

Offline QM Moderators Team

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:29 PM »

For information, please also see brother Joseph's responses to the type of arguments shared on this thread in another forum.

http://www.salaatforum.com/index.php?id=335

QM Moderators

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2012, 03:45:03 PM »
Aslamaolaikum Optimist

I have been reading this thread very carefully. I note the following verses from the Quran which we should always remember when understanding and studying it.

"An Arabic Quran without any crookedness" [39:28]

"So We have only made it easy in your tongue" [19.97]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:17]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:22]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:32]

"And We have indeed made the Qur'an easy to understand" [54:40]

If you feel that the explanations you are offering satisfy the above, then that is of course, up to you. We are all answerable to Allah on our own.

Please can I say that I do not find your explanations convincing at all and the interpretations you have shared is basically a result of not wanting to accept what the Quran says in basic Arabic speech.

Like Truth-seeker, I think Ghulam Parwez had a problem with accepting certain passages of the Quran when it was clear how the Arabs understood the message which was in clear Arabic speech. Rather than accepting it, he found imaginative ways using dictionaries to reinterpret them.  Saba.

Wassalam,

Thank you for quoting many verses that mention Quran is easy to understand.   It is indeed true.  At the same time, we are requested to think and use our intellect, not just fall on the verses deaf and dumb, repeated also several more times in the Quran.

"And those who, when they are reminded of the revelations of their Lord, fall not deaf and blind thereat." (25:73)

"Do they not earnestly seek to understand the Quran?  Or is that there are locks upon their hearts? (47:24)   

"He giveth wisdom unto whom He will, and he unto whom wisdom is given, he truly hath received abundant good. But none remember except men of understanding." (2:269)

Can you look for me the meaning and understanding of verse 34:12,  just this part "And to Solomon We subjected the wind; its morning course was a month's journey and its evening course was a month's journey too" (Sher Ali translation)? وَلِسُلَيْمَانَ الرِّيحَ غُدُوُّهَا شَهْرٌ وَرَوَاحُهَا شَهْرٌ
What does the above verse means, and whether Solomon had control of the winds where it should blow and where it should not?  what does it mean "its morning course was a month's journey and its evening course was a month's journey too"?
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal