Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: This Is Why Passing Gas Doesn't Nullify Wudu?

Offline Abdullah1405

• View Profile
This Is Why Passing Gas Doesn't Nullify Wudu?
« on: July 11, 2018, 07:38:07 AM »
Selâmün aleyküm dear brothers and sisters in religion. I am Abdullah from Turkey, a 34 years old teacher who seeks the clarification of verses by Allah (cc) (75:19).

For quite some time something has been weighing on my mind, that is, whether or not passing wind breaks wudu. Although I have read the Quran countless times, sometimes it takes time for a verse to speak to you. When I read the two verses (4:43, 5:6) about wudu I always come to the same conclusion, that is, in order for us to repeat wudu we need to have done something in WC which requires cleaning with water.

4:43 (partial)
And if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and find no water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and your hands [with it].

5:6 (partial)
But if you are ill or on a journey or one of you comes from the place of relieving himself or you have contacted women and do not find water, then seek clean earth and wipe over your faces and hands with it.

Some people say that there are three things that we do in WC: defecating, urinating and passing wind. When it is said to them "OK but nobody goes to WC just to pass wind." then they say "If so , You don't have to go to WC to defecate or urinate either. You can do them somewhere outside." But here is what they overlook, it does not matter where you do those actions; as we all know only two of them require cleaning with water. Nobody cleans themselves upon passing wind afterall, except for rare occasions when something comes out with gas.

So the real reason why passing wind does not nullify wudu is it does not require cleaning with water while the other two do and more importantly the verses clearly say that we need to have done something (defecating, urinating) that requires cleaning with water. Allah (cc) already tells us the condition.

Allah (cc) knows best.

I would like to have your opinions about the matter. May peace be upon you all.
Do the people think that they will be left alone on saying "We believe," and that they will not be tested?

Offline Aijaz

• View Profile
Re: This Is Why Passing Gas Doesn't Nullify Wudu?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2018, 11:35:14 AM »
Good points. I agree.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: This Is Why Passing Gas Doesn't Nullify Wudu?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 06:14:21 PM »
Shalom / peace....

A related link.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=675.0

I think if one does Wudu after passing wind, its more of precaution.