Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The Sam Gerrans Salaah

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
The Sam Gerrans Salaah
« on: July 01, 2018, 04:51:48 PM »
Salaam
I was wondering if anyone had read or listened to Sam Gerrans version of salaah and had any ideas about how he has managed to convince some people that salah is not prayer and consists of no physical bowing or prostrating.

Jzk and kind regards

Offline Abdullah1405

• View Profile
Re: The Sam Gerrans Salaah
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2018, 08:41:15 PM »
Whenever I hear that some people claim salah or other islamic duties are spiritual rather than physical, immediately the following verse comes to my mind.

43:37
And indeed, the devils avert them from the way [of guidance] while they think that they are [rightly] guided. Sahih International

This verse tells us a lot. Human psychology has always been inclined to taking the easy way out especially towards the religious duties. That's why it is really understandable how people are easily convinced because even many self-claimed muslims leave daily prayers or don't even start to perform them claiming that "I am a good person, I don't commit sin and God will look at my heart that's why I don't need to perform salah. Since I am not doing anything bad I sure doesn't deserve to be put into hell" But when you ask them: "OK. You don't deserve hell for all these reasons but what are you doing to deserve heaven?" Then there comes a sudden silence. Everybody wants heaven but nobody wants to do the hard work, but no pain no gain right? Gaining something easily has always been immensely satisfactory for all of us. Trying to find an easy way out to escape religious duties is an extremely powerful motive and people with this motive are not so hard to convince as they are already looking for a way out. The inner peace they feel while going down this road is something to be seen. I have seen it and it is amazingly real. As a result, it is stunning how the verse in question warns us against our own nafs which can make us think that we are on the right path while we may have already gone astray.
Do the people think that they will be left alone on saying "We believe," and that they will not be tested?