Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: The most beloved deeds to Allah ? (Hadith)

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
The most beloved deeds to Allah ? (Hadith)
« on: February 20, 2019, 09:39:48 PM »
As Salam Alaykum,

The following hadith resonates with me greatly.
The most beloved deeds to Allah's are the most regular and constant even though it were little" [Narrated by Al Bukhari]

I was just wandering if a Quranic argument can be put forth to support a similar notion ?

Thanks

Regards,
Ahmad.

Offline Athman

• View Profile
Re: The most beloved deeds to Allah ? (Hadith)
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2019, 04:18:02 PM »
Dear Ahmad,

Wa alaikumus salaam,

In my view, as for support to such a claim from the Hadeeth you share, the Qur’an agrees with the underlying sentiments though does not proffer a position exacted to the same in the manner in which it is stated. I will just share some verses in this regard.

For instance, the Qur’an states that God loves the doers of good - ‘al muhsineen’ (3:134).

“...and Allah loves the doers of good (wallahu yukhibbu al-mukhsineen).” (Qur’an, Al-Imran 3:134)

Further to that, God shall reward the good (khair) even the smallest to the size of a ‘dharra’ (99:7).

So, whoever has done an atom's weight of good (dharratin khairan) shall behold it.” (Qur’an, Al-Zalzalah 99:7)

In all this good doing, in a bid to attain ‘taqwa’ (piety/ righteousness/ God-consciousness), one must ensure persistence, resilience and consistence at ‘justice’ (5:8).

“O you who have believed, be 'persistently standing firm' (qawwamina) for Allah, witnesses in justice, and do not let the hatred of a people prevent you from being just. Be just; that is nearer to righteousness...” (Qur’an, Al-Ma’idah 5:8)

To nurture persistence in standing firm for justice, one should not be swayed by hatred from certain people (5:8). Individual or personal inclination should also not overtake such a noble mission lest one becomes irregular amongst instances of exercising justice (4:135).

O you who have believed, be 'persistently standing firm' (qawwamina) in justice, witnesses for Allah, even if it be against yourselves or parents and relatives. Whether one is rich or poor, Allah is more worthy of both. So follow not [personal] inclination, lest you not be just...” (Qur’an, An-Nisa 4:135)

Hopefully that somehow helps God willing.

Regards,
Athman.

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Re: The most beloved deeds to Allah ? (Hadith)
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2019, 02:42:58 AM »
Dear brother Athman,

Thank you for your reply and insights. Much appreciated.

Regards,