Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Avoiding Unnecessary Disputes / Arguments in Religion - Verse: 042:016

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Direct Facebook Link:

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/1421098521360604

AVOIDING UNNECESSARY DISPUTES / ARGUMENTS IN MATTERS OF RELIGION

042:016
"And those who argue / dispute / concerning God after He has been acknowledged / accepted - their argument is invalid / void / has no weight with their Lord, and upon them is [His] wrath, and for them is a severe punishment."
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Dear brother Joseph,

In my humble opinion, I believe the same should be done when discussing the Quran centric approach with the masses. The Quran being the word of God, only discussed key aspects of the beliefs of the people of the book (Trinity, Messengership of Muhammad, certain distortions in the book).

Although an in depths analysis and criticism has its place. I think its not suited for public discourse. It will only create confusion and distractions. We should learn from the Quran on how it addressed previous communities to be able to address our own communities.

Actually, the issue of Prayer and Zakat when addressed from a Quran centric approach would dissolve 70% of the resistance genuine seekers may have. I wish that a resource would be put up to address these key issues in a simple and clear way. It may go a long way.

Regards,
Ahmad.