Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Marriage with the People of the Book

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Re: Marriage with the People of the Book
« Reply #45 on: June 05, 2019, 01:44:00 AM »
Peace Mohammed

I'm not arguing that they did not have to follow the prophet. This is another topic. We already explained also that people of the book are expected to believe in the Quran as well if its been manifested to them. I told you before that how can a previous believer of a Book of God disbelieve in another scripture that confirms what was already said.

What Im arguing for is that the following of the prophet was literal. The people living in his time were expected to follow him as a human in matters of religion as the Quran was being revealed to him. The people of the book also would of been expected to follow him and help him while abiding by their covenants of old or out of choice abandon their laws and methods and adapt to the laws of the Quran.

It is also clear from the verses you shared that it was a major test for the people who were living amongst him.

If you notice the prophet has actually followed a qibla direction that his own people were questioning which only suggests he is following a qibla somewhere which a party of the people of the book must of been following.

So the people in question and at trial here are not the people of the book but the gentle Arabs.

They were expected to follow the prophet in the direction that was not their own. Which was meant to be a trial for his followers to see if they were going to abandon what was dear and loved by them.

But it was not till later 2:145 that God has assigned the desired qibla back to the prophet as it was made clear that the reason God has allowed the prophet for the time being to follow another qibla(possibly the qibla of some of the people of the book who were praying at that time) only because to test those who were with him.

Also Mohammed can you please make a summary or explain the clear explicit verses first which we have shared with you regarding this topic and then after that it would be better to interpret the rest of the verse in light of the explicit ones.

2:62
3:113-114
5:68
5:43
5:44
5:45
5:47
5:48
5:66
7:159
22:67-69
And many more

Have you read the articles shared and analyzed them?

Peace

Offline Mohammed

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 05, 2019, 11:42:16 AM »
I already shared my view regarding the verses like 2:62, 5:69 etc.

And I suggest you to read the verses 5:77-86, 2:38-39 etc. if you are still in doubt.

2:106
"We do not abrogate/abolish/erase/nullify from a sign/verse/evidence, or We make it forgotten, (except that) We
come/bring with better than it, or similar/equal/alike to it. Do you not know that God (is) on every thing powerful/capable."

(also see 2:105)

Therefore, it doesn’t matter for me, whether you believe or not. Just shared my thoughts.

salaam/peace
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 05, 2019, 12:08:50 PM »
I already shared my view regarding the verses like 2:62, 5:69 etc.

And I suggest you to read the verses 5:77-86, 2:38-39 etc. if you are still in doubt.

Doubt of what? What do the verses you give prove????

2:106
"We do not abrogate/abolish/erase/nullify from a sign/verse/evidence, or We make it forgotten, (except that) We
come/bring with better than it, or similar/equal/alike to it. Do you not know that God (is) on every thing powerful/capable."

(also see 2:105)

Yes and? Where does it say in these verses that the whole Torah has been nullified for the Jews??? Some verses or signs may be superseded for believers ....yes ... for example ... we don't have to follow the complicated food laws of the Jews... They still have to follow it .... Why don't you read verse verse 16:118 carefully to clear your doubt and stop worrying about other people's doubt?

"And to those who are Jews We have prohibited that which We related to you before. And We did not wrong them [thereby], but they were wronging themselves." 16:118

See - Allah has forbidden something for them but not for believers? Get it now? Will you listen or simply reject this as well?

Therefore, it doesn’t matter for me, whether you believe or not. Just shared my thoughts.

Please take my brotherly advice ... please revisit your arguments and beliefs ....

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 05, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
Peace

Just to add to brother Dusters comments regarding 2:106. This is also alluded to the children of Israel as well when they believe in the Quran.

Meaning that God has nullified the restriction of eating of the fat and other food that was restricted to the children of Israel.

Because the Quran has clearly stated that the food that the Quran legitimizes is NOW lawful for the people of the book. Which in other words this specific detail of food for the people of the book has been replaced with the new rulings for food.

Also it is telling the people of the book that yes God can bring a verse similar or better than before or replace or abrogate.

You will need to prove to me that the laws and covenants of the people of the book have been severed.

As a matter of fact the verse is still asking for the covenants to be fulfilled so that God will do His part for the children of Israel

2:40
O Children of Israel! Remember My favour wherewith I favoured you, and fulfil your (part of the) covenant, I shall fulfil My (part of the) covenant, and fear me.

Peace