Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is 5:3 The last verse of the Qur'an?

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
Is 5:3 The last verse of the Qur'an?
« on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:06 PM »
Salam Dear All.

We read in 5:3 "Today, those who are bent on denying the truth have lost all hope of [your ever forsaking] your religion: do not, then, hold them in awe, but stand in awe of Me! Today have I perfected your religious law for you, and have bestowed upon you the full measure of My blessings, and willed that self-surrender unto Me shall be your religion. As for him, however, who is driven [to what is forbidden] by dire necessity and not by an inclination to sinning -behold, God is much-forgiving, a dispenser of grace.

Can we take this as the last verse of the Qur'an? Or the meaning here entails some other aspect?

Thanks.

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Re: Is 5:3 The last verse of the Qur'an?
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 11:18:59 PM »
Salamu aleikum brother

From  the secondary sources we are told, that  this verse was set as a seal upon the message of the Koran. (revealed Arafat Friday, 9 Dhu al-Hijjah, 10 AH, 82 days before death the Prophet)
For me it plays no role because the entire Koran is regarded as a complete collection of wisdom. So we don't disconnect any Ayas from the remainder of the Quran (not pretend as Sunnis) We are encouraged to study the Qur'an as a in its entirety , so it is unimportant whether this verse was revealed as the final or not, this is not  altering the message of the Quran .
Salam  :)

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 06:25:50 AM »
Salaam,

I think that this could be the last one but if you look at this verse and the previous one, they entail specific laws so it may be a reference to that aspect of faith. In the end we will never really know.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 06:26:03 AM »
Salam This Aya is supposed to have been revealed on last day of Haj to Exalted Prophet declaring "Akmaltu lakum Deenukum " and prescribing our Deen as Islam. The message is complete though it is somewhere in between the Book. I hope JA may comment.

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light