Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: hunting forbidden in ihram or in the sacred for months

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
hunting forbidden in ihram or in the sacred for months
« on: February 20, 2012, 01:36:56 AM »
salamu aleikum
a question in my mind for some time:

NO HUNTING

005:001 (part)
"... game being unlawful when you are on the pilgrimage (state of ihram) ..."

005:095 (part)
"O ye who believe! Kill no wild game while ye are on the pilgrimage (state of ihram) ..."

005 096
"To hunt and to eat the fish of the sea is made lawful for you, a commission for you and for those who travel, but to hunt on land is forbidden you so long as ye are on the pilgrimage (state of ihram) And. be conscious of your duty to God, to Whom you will be gathered "

Is the "state of ihram" mentioned herea meant (as in traditional translation)  the state of the Hajj pilgrims, i.e. in connection with the region of the Hagg. Or is "ihram" meant as a general term that refers to the four "haram months," and must be adhered to worldwide (already time for the game)
The answer depends on whether we assume that the introduction of the Islamic lunar calendar is a new feature that has been established after the death of the Prophet or not.
The question is superfluous, if we take the tradtitionel view as fact.

I've read a little about the calendars, etc. and found that a study has concluded that the lunar calendar was introduced only after the death of the Prophet.
(However, this study was to verify the hadith to their assertions, i.e. They studied the data of  traditions and counted them back. They found that most of the traditions, if they were back-calculated by the lunar calendar, making seasonal completely false information, if they were, however, calculated back to the pre-Islamic calendar, the seasonal data in most cases precise matched. Now  the only question is, I accept the results of this study now as a Qur'anic approach or not?)
 if yes, this means that the times have Hagges of the year did not originally moved and then the four sacred months are every year about the same time, the question would remain whether they require a general ban on hunting for the conservation of wildlife? For me, both scenarios sound logical.
salam  :)