Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Question about finding contradictions and proof?

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Question about finding contradictions and proof?
« on: November 07, 2019, 01:32:16 AM »
Salaam.
In the past I used to look for proof but since the state of my heart changed I now now no longer need it. But Allah does say if the Quran was from other than Him it would have had contradictions. How does one understand this verse? Is it directed at disbelievers, who would desperately try and find a contradiction by going over each and every word of the Quran? I mean as an ex tradtionalist, I kind of new the Quran was from God, but obviously I didn't read it a lot hence during times of low belief and needing proof I never really read it to test its veracity based on it having no contradictions.
Would it be fair to say that one must first truly beleive in God to then truly accept the Quran being from God with no proof needed? How does one who is a new Muslim assert proof that the quran is from God without being able to prove that there are no contradictiona?

Kind regards

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: Question about finding contradictions and proof?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 06:11:09 AM »
Al Quran can be tested/verified in many ways. Here are a few things to ponder:

When you buy a self-assembly piece of furniture (e.g. from Ikea) and it comes with instructions, how can you verify the accuracy/truthfulness of those instructions?

Bring a chapter like it? e.g. 10:37-38

Some more [ur=http://www.quran434.com/study-method.htmll]examples[/url]:
21:10, 30:30, 41:53, 51:20-21  - its information and teachings should map to our reality (within our psyche, experience and to the furthest horizons). All signs, internal and external can point to the truth of it and act as a verification mechanism.
29:20, 3:137, 3:190-191, 45:3-4 - knowledge of archaeology/biology/physics/history/sciences/philosophy etc will all help to better understand it.

Blind faith? I don't think so:
6:75-79, 21:57-67, 36:78-79, 21:22, 23:91, 2:258, 12:26-27, 22:5-6, 2:260 - promotes logical thinking.
2:269, 8:22 - strong affinity towards use of wisdom and reason.
49:6, 45:24, 6:116, 53:28, 2:111, 21:24 - disapproves of conjecture/guesswork and promotes examination of evidence.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Re: Question about finding contradictions and proof?
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 07:22:13 PM »
Salaam
Thanks for your reply and all the highlighted verses.
I get your drift however there are people who want to beleive in God but are not scholarly enough to verify the entire Quran for contradictions. Where do they get their belief in God  from?

Peace and regards