Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Why the pronoun He is for Allah?

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
Why the pronoun He is for Allah?
« on: March 10, 2020, 03:26:16 PM »

Why the pronoun He is for Allah?

Dear Brothers
Salam.

I don't know whether this is worthy to discuss. But as the question came in my mind i convinced myself saying that :
1. Its His dicission to choose the pronoun, we have nothing to do it.
2. Every language has its own rules with limitations. As The Quran was revealed in Arabic language, it just followed its rule. Did not create any new pronoun to denote His gender-free being.

Is there any other reason to use He for Allah?

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
Re: Why the pronoun He is for Allah?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2020, 03:53:17 PM »
By the way, there are some languages (such as Bengali, my language), we have words like "tini, uni, tar etc." which are gender neutral words for "he/she, his/her etc.". Therefore, in such languages, Allah need not be referred to as either of the genders. For "He/She said", we would write it as "Tini bollen", without having to specify the person's gender.

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2020, 05:54:50 PM »
during the first revelation if quran used she instead of he in arabic it would be total waste of time as arabs would completely reject it at once and it would have no chance of spreading as it is now.

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2020, 01:18:01 AM »
Salaam,

I agree with Relearning that 'He' would be the only option because the the Arabs considered females to be inferior.