Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Islamic Secondary Sources

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Re: Islamic Secondary Sources
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 03:16:17 AM »
It is interesting to note that sects follow their own books of hadith, and within their own hadith there are narations that go against their own tenets when they debate against each other.

For example a sunni will be silent on hadith such as:

Sahih Bukhari:
Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "There will be twelve Muslim rulers." He then said a sentence which I did not hear. My father said, "All of them (those rulers) will be from Quraish." [1]
Sahih Muslim :
Narrated Jabir bin Samura: I heard Muhammad saying, "The (Islamic) religion will continue until the Hour (day of resurrection), having twelve Caliphs for you, all of them will be from Quraysh."[2]
Sunan Abu Dawood :
The Prophet said: "This religion remains standing until there are twelve vicegerents over you, all of them agreeable to the nation, all of them from Quraysh." [3]
Sunan al-Tirmidhi :
The Prophet said: "There will be after me twelve Amir (Prince/Ruler), all of them from Quraysh." [4]
Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal
Masrooq rates that someone asked Abdullah Ibn Masood, "O Abaa Abd al-Rahmaan, did you ask the Messenger of Allah how many caliphs will rule this nation?". Abdullah Ibn Masood replied, "Yes, we did ask the Messenger of Allah and he replied, "Twelve, like the number of chiefs (nuqabaa) of Bani Israel"" [5]

And Shia will be silent on hadith with regards to issue of 'fadak' and inheritance in such as:

This is confirmed in Shia Hadith as well. Let us examine Shia Hadith in Al-Kafi, the most reliable of the four Shia books of Hadith, on the same matter:

'The Prophets did not leave dinars and dirhams as inheritance, but they left knowledge.' (al-Kafi, vol. 1 p. 42)

This Shia Hadith in Al-Kafi has two separate narrations, and is considered Sahih by the Shia. The authenticity is confirmed by Ayatollah Khomeini, who used this Hadith to prove his claim of Wilayah al-Faqih. Khomeini said about the Hadith:

'The narrators of this tradition are all reliable and trustworthy. The father of 'Ali ibn Ibrahim [namely Ibrahim ibn Hashim] is not only reliable, [but in fact] he is one of the most reliable and trustworthy narrators.'

(source: Khomeini, al-Hukumat al-Islamiyyah, p. 133, published by Markaz Baqiyyat Allah al-A'zam, Beirut)

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2011, 04:59:32 AM »
Salaam brother,

Some verses comes to mind which provide much insight into human tendencies:

068:036-38                         
"What is wrong with you, how do you judge? Or do you have another book which you study? In it, you can find what you wish?"

Joseph.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/quran%20sole%20guidance%20FM3.htm

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 11:28:04 PM »
Salaam,

I was just reading your article regarding 'Stoning for Adultery', and although I was finding it very informative and engrossing I could not help but break out in laughter where it reached the point:

How was it lost?

A goat possibly ate it.

---

This is really funny!!! If you do have that reference please share it!!  ;)

Regards,

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2012, 11:29:27 PM »
OK I just realised the narration is the article underneath...I was too busy caught up in the humour..!

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2012, 02:24:32 AM »
No problem brother  :)
George Orwell

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2012, 04:45:03 AM »

Salam all,

Did you know that on May 22, 2007, an Egyptian scholar was disciplined by Al Azhar University after he issued a fatwa calling upon women to breastfeed their male colleagues?  I am not making this up.

Dr Izzat Attiyah said that his fatwa offered a way around mixing of the sexes in the work place since breast-feeding established a maternal relation even if the beneficiary was not the woman's biological son or daughter.

However, following Islamic scholars' fierce denunciation of the fatwa as defamatory to Islam, Izzat retracted it.  It was denounced because breastfeeding applies to infants under the age 2 in the Quran and it is not permissible in the 4 main schools of thought.

Problem is that there exists a hadith regarding the issue although 'colleagues' are usually adults.

Sahih Muslim - Book 008, Number 3425:

'A'isha (Allah be pleased with her) reported that Salim, the freed slave of Abu Hadhaifa, lived with him and his family in their house. She (i. e. the daughter of Suhail came to Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) and said: Salim has attained (puberty) as men attain, and he understands what they understand, and he enters our house freely, I, however, perceive that something (rankles) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa, whereupon Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) said to her: Suckle him and you would become unlawful for him, and (the rankling) which Abu Hudhaifa feels in his heart will disappear. She returned and said: So I suckled him, and what (was there) in the heart of Abu Hudhaifa disappeared.

Although the fatwa is humorous by itself, what amazes me is the fact that al-Azhar instead of re-examining their position regarding hadith, they dismissed it by saying this is not the only scholar, there are many who have deviated, trying to exploit islam in a wrong way and bring out the wrong message.
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2012, 05:13:37 AM »
Salaam Hope.

It is ridiculous that they are defending this type of hadith and until they don't re-examine them, people will continue to make a mockery out of the deen.

Please also see .....

http://quransmessage.com/articles/suckling%20of%20the%20breast%20of%20women%20for%20mehram%20purposes%20FM3.htm

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2012, 12:24:07 PM »
Salam All, Suppose for argument sake if the suckling is allowed my question is how can the girls  and women be able to do suckling as these girls/women can be unmarried, not worthy of bearing children, do not have milk in their bossom having some disease, old women past menupause. How can they suckle all working men in a work place? Lastly if any body had sinister ideas how does suckling stop him or her from doing sexual crime? This   is all not right
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline maverick83pk

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 06:04:54 AM »
Can someone please elaborate and point out the fallacies discussed in the following two links propagated by the traditionalists:
http://www.call-to-monotheism.com/refuting_the_argument_that_the_hadith_have_been_collected_200_years_after_the_death_of_the_prophet_and_therefore_are_unreliable_
http://www.ummahreflections.co.za/QUESTIONS%20MUST%20BE%20ANSWERED%20BY%20ANTI-HADITH.htm
Br. Joseph Islam's input shall be highly revered and i shall be much obliged.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2015, 08:01:28 AM »
Bro why did you narrate all this stuff ?please calrlfy as to you want to know all this you quoted does not relate to suckling at all. Succlinkg is an immoral act whoever may say but in Quran. Ignore
Tell us what you need to know ?
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light