Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Opinion on Migration

Offline Talib

• View Profile
Opinion on Migration
« on: May 21, 2012, 04:35:14 AM »
Salamun Alaikum

Dear All

Please keep the understanding of the following verses and read below.

I0:9
Y. Ali Sir
Those who believe, and work righteousness,- their Lord will guide them because of their faith: beneath them will flow rivers in gardens of bliss.

Shabbir Sir
Surely, those who choose to believe and work to increase the human potential, their Lord guides them by virtue of their conviction (that no good deed goes to waste) Rivers will flow beneath them in the Gardens of Delight.�
[A’maal Saaleh = Deeds that increase the individual and collective potential of a society = Helping people = Improving the environment = Fulfilling others’ needs = Contributing to the society = Correcting a deficiency]

4:97
Y. Ali Sir
When angels take the souls of those who die in sin against their souls, they say: "In what (plight) Were ye?" They reply: "Weak and oppressed Were we in the earth." They say: "Was not the earth of Allah spacious enough for you to move yourselves away (From evil)?" Such men will find their abode in Hell,- What an evil refuge!

Shabbir Sir
As for those who wrong their own ‘self’ by not striving until the angels (the Laws of death) approach them, they are asked, “What kept you occupied?” They say, “We were weak and oppressed in the land.” The angels say, “Was not the earth of God spacious enough for you to migrate?” As for such, their habitation will be Hell, a miserable destination.

I understand that there is no place on earth right now where problems are not there. Or better put, where System of Life is Quranic. I, like many people in the world, have gone through (and are still going through) much difficulty to get CLOSER to the REAL ISLAM.

Since the system in countries like India is currently not as good as compared, do you think that if I can I should try to move to place like USA, or UK or Canada ? With the intention and purpose of being in a better system. A system in which people get more opportunities and ease to develop their potential (self) ? With the intention and aim to develop myself more and hence do better than what I could in HIS CAUSE ? Is it better there ?

I have heard Dear Asarulislam Syed Sir saying that living in California is like living in a place which Quran metaphorically calls Jannah. A place where the MAJOR problem of human is not how to fulfill the BASIC NEEDS like education, etc.

I also have a document where in Zakaat system in Quran is compared/related to the system in U.K. which according to the writer is pretty much (if not 100%) an example of what Quran tells us about the welfare system for people.

Kindly educate me about it.

Regards

Talib
(student)

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Re: Opinion on Migration
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 06:18:59 AM »
I want to try to answer this question from my perspective. In my view, this verse is meant for those people who were oppressed, and can not practice their Deen and have the opportunity to travel to another country. This excludes  surely all the people who are oppressed and have no opportunity to migrate easily. Today life is much more complicated and complex than at time of Muhammad. We can not just leave our country and go somewhere. First, many factors must also be noted, such as family status or financial means, etc.
The word hijra has in addition to the physical meaning a spiritual meaning to leave the realm of evil and turn to the right path.

and if we imagine that all people would emigrate to California, where would be those people who try to live the real islam  anywhere in the world ?  'do good' seems for me  clearly related to living Islam, and to spread peace and love.my humble view.
Peace

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Opinion on Migration
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 09:24:20 AM »
Salaam,

I agree with Chadiga regarding Hijra. In terms of moving to another country for a better life, then that would be more for expanding your opportunities etc.

If the country in which you reside allows you to fulfil your Islamic duties and develop spiritually then you would not need to do Hijra for the purpose of religion.