Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Wearing the Ihram During Hajj

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Wearing the Ihram During Hajj
« on: July 26, 2012, 11:42:01 PM »
Hi

I appreciate your work on quransmessage.com. I have a question to ask.

How did you get dressed on your pilgrimage? I'm planning a pilgrimage and don't want to wear the traditional non-sawn non-pinned things. Thank you for your time.

Peace.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Wearing the Ihram During Hajj
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 11:43:46 PM »
Salamun Alaikum,

I did get dressed in the traditional manner. Although the Quran does not prescribe a particular ‘garb’ for Hajj, the current practice is also not prohibited by the Quran nor does it run contrary to any of it’s wider guidance.

However, unwarranted complexities which are usually imposed by the clergy, such as not wearing pins / belts, what not to wear under the white robes (i.e. underwear) etc are all mute from a Quranic perspective.

One must ensure that the garb aptly covers one’s shame and does not become a source of embarrassment or difficult to handle.

Please see below an article which may be of some assistance to understand the Hajj from a Quranic perspective.

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph.

THE HAJJ AND UMRAH ACCORDING TO THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/hajj%20FM3.htm

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell