Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Prayers to use in Salat

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Prayers to use in Salat
« on: August 06, 2012, 03:20:14 AM »
Received on Joseph Islam's Facebook Page

Salaam brother,

I appreciate your work very much. I'd like to ask you about recitals in the solah. I remembered a verse in the Quran that we should commemorate Allah in our solah, so I'd like to ask you (and other viewers) to give some suggestions of a surah or verses from the Quran, that best serves this purpose.

One obvious one is Al Ikhlas. any other recommendations?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Prayers to use in Salat
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:28:12 AM »
Dear brother,

Salamun Alaikum.

JazakAllah Khair for your comments. In my personal opinion, sincere prayer / worship is a dynamic, personal affair and communion with God which need not be ritualised into a particular utterance. However, there are great relevant verses in the Quran which can be used / combined, a few of which I share with you below.

Commemorating God:

One of my favourites:
(Standard Y.Ali translation used. Please consult the Arabic or your own favourite translations)

"Allah! There is no god but He,-the Living, the Self-subsisting, Eternal. No slumber can seize Him nor sleep. His are all things in the heavens and on earth. Who is there can intercede in His presence except as He permitteth? He knoweth what (appeareth to His creatures as) before or after or behind them. Nor shall they compass aught of His knowledge except as He willeth. His Throne doth extend over the heavens and the earth, and He feeleth no fatigue in guarding and preserving them for He is the Most High, the Supreme (in glory)"

Others:

006:059
"With Him are the keys of the unseen, the treasures that none knoweth but He. He knoweth whatever there is on the earth and in the sea. Not a leaf doth fall but with His knowledge: there is not a grain in the darkness (or depths) of the earth, nor anything fresh or dry (green or withered), but is (inscribed) in a record clear (to those who can read)"

"Whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare the Praises and Glory of Allah: to Him belongs dominion, and to Him belongs praise: and He has power over all things"

059.022-24
"Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- Who knows (all things) both secret and open; He, Most Gracious, Most Merciful. Allah is He, than Whom there is no other god;- the Sovereign, the Holy One, the Source of Peace (and Perfection), the Guardian of Faith, the Preserver of Safety, the Exalted in Might, the Irresistible, the Supreme: Glory to Allah! (High is He) above the partners they attribute to Him. He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Bestower of Forms (or Colours). To Him belong the Most Beautiful Names: whatever is in the heavens and on earth, doth declare His Praises and Glory: and He is the Exalted in Might, the Wise"

SOME PRAYERS FROM THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/quranic%20prayers%20FM3.htm

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell