Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Hajj According to the Quran

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
Hajj According to the Quran
« on: August 14, 2012, 11:33:53 AM »
Salam Joseph

I recently came across your interesting website concerning the true Islam. However, after having read the section concerning Hajj, l felt confused as to the real objective/nature of Hajj. I read an article on www.ourbeacon.com and a different angle was addressed concerning Hajj. apparently Hajj is an opportunity for all heads of states and the like irrespective of them being muslim of non muslim to meet and discuss local and global issues. This was indeed backed by the Quran. I myself was born in a so called 'muslim' family and feel prey to stupid unfounded beliefs and rituals. However, by the Grace of Allah and through much deliberation and research l was able to establish in one respect the true Islam. Islam is a way of life for all of mankind and not just for Arabic natives. So l would think the latter argument presented seems more conducive, off course based on what the Quran says. I  do not follow any sect, groups etc. I believe myself to be a muslim and have no affiliation with Hadith literature.

Please could you kindly clarify the meaning of Hajj according to the Quran.

Many thanks

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Hajj According to the Quran
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 11:35:54 AM »
Salamun Alaikum.

I have a dedicated article on Hajj from a Quranic perspective. Please see below.

THE HAJJ AND UMRAH ACCORDING TO THE QURAN
http://quransmessage.com/articles/hajj%20FM3.htm

I feel the Quran provides clear reasons for Hajj.

"And complete the Hajj and the Umrah for God..."

"Behold! We gave the site, to Abraham, the site of the House, (saying): "Associate not anything (in worship) with Me; and sanctify My House for those who compass it round, or stand up, or bow, or prostrate themselves (therein in prayer)"

I would find it difficult to support the perspective you kindly share purely from a Quranic perspective.

With regards unfounded rituals, please see the bottom of the article above which provides related links.

I hope that helps, God willing.
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell