Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Salath is Prayer ( Zikrillah)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Salath is Prayer ( Zikrillah)
« on: October 13, 2012, 08:49:51 AM »
Salam All , In recent times every body has got his own view of what is revealed in Quran. Take the word "Salath" Instead of regular meaning some say it refers to walk behind one another,some say Salath is following Allahs commands and some say Ruku & Sajda are not phsycal.Inspite of Time Bound Salath are mentioned in Quran most of the people do not accept.I submitt Surah Juma alongwith the Translations for our Bros to offer their valued opinion.Th

Surah 62. Al-Jumua, Verse 9:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُوا إِذَا نُودِيَ لِلصَّلَاةِ مِن يَوْمِ الْجُمُعَةِ فَاسْعَوْا إِلَىٰ ذِكْرِ اللَّهِ وَذَرُوا الْبَيْعَ ذَٰلِكُمْ خَيْرٌ لَّكُمْ إِن كُنتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ

Translation:
O you who believe! when the call is made for prayer on Friday, then hasten to the remembrance of Allah and leave off trading; that is better for you, if you know.

Explanation
As per Aya 9 believers are asked to come to Mosque for Salath  to perform Prayer and  not for following commands but to remember Allah ( Not for any other purpose ,like discussion on community matters etc as some people think that Mosque is an office or
Municipality )
Surah 62. Al-Jumua, Verse 10:

فَإِذَا قُضِيَتِ الصَّلَاةُ فَانتَشِرُوا فِي الْأَرْضِ وَابْتَغُوا مِن فَضْلِ اللَّهِ وَاذْكُرُوا اللَّهَ كَثِيرًا لَّعَلَّكُمْ تُفْلِحُونَ

Translation:
But when the prayer is ended, then disperse abroad in the land and seek of Allah's grace, and remember Allah much, that you may be successful
--------------------------------
Explanation
As per Aya 10 above
when the  prayer is ended disperse in the land, here prayer is ended but  not following command,  because following command does not end as it is 24/7 requirement.This clearly shows that Allah is calling to come to mosque for prayers for Zikrillah  not for any other purpose as some people say for discussing routine matters of community.  Salath is not following command here as most of the people translate but for Zikrillah The day of Juma was there as one of the days of week during the time of revealation. Therefore Umul Juma was a day of week.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
Re: Salath is Prayer ( Zikrillah)
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:32 AM »
Salaam Sardar,

I have a question, ( O you who believe) is addressed to which gender?  Females should be included in the congregational prayer because Maryam was asked to bow down with the bowers.

In countries ruled by Shariah, do they have two different sessions to separate the men and the women? 

Thanks
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2012, 10:08:34 AM »
Salaam Sardar,

I have a question, ( O you who believe) is addressed to which gender?  Females should be included in the congregational prayer because Maryam was asked to bow down with the bowers.

In countries ruled by Shariah, do they have two different sessions to separate the men and the women? 

Thanks

Totally agree with you sister. Even in practice in Makkah and in the haram, men and women are often seen praying next to each other.

I submitt Surah Juma alongwith the Translations for our Bros to offer their valued opinion

Please don't forget us sisters!  Saba  ;D 8)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2012, 11:28:55 AM »
Sorry Sister for my mistake. First I said Salam All. I will Inshallah will ask Bros & Sisters :)

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2012, 07:12:12 PM »
Sorry Sister for my mistake. First I said Salam All. I will Inshallah will ask Bros & Sisters :)

aww ... thanks br. Sardar  ;D ;D

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 11:32:28 PM »
I need your & other reader's comments. Thanks

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2012, 02:22:41 AM »
Salaam. I agree with you br. Sardar verse 62/10 ends the concept of salaat some Quranists have. These views have no basis as far as I am concerned.  Br. Joseph had a huge debate on these kind of thoughts on the salaat forum which to me felt very one sided. No one really brought anything of substance as a counter to the arguments that br. Joseph used. He also mentioned the 24/7 argument which to me was very sound and appropriate.

You say:

2:239 Whether fear threatens you from without, or you are strolling, riding, relaxing in peace, remember God as He has taught you (the Right and Wrong) that you did not know. [3:3,3:190-191, 4:103]

Again, this is general talk about your situation, not instructions to do a ritual prayer. I do not think that you stroll, run and relax in contact prayers, do you?

With respect, you have completely missed the essence of the verse if you read the Arabic clearly. The main purport of the verse makes it clear that form can be abandoned but prayer cannot.

If Salat = Divine system, why is it being abandoned here until they are 'secure / safe' (amintum)?

A divine system surely is a 24/7 system and not restricted to certain times of the day or something which can be abandoned in certain conditions.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=15.msg29;topicseen#msg29

62/10 is strong and it definitely to me seems like a timed prayer. Saba  8)

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2012, 05:00:40 AM »
Salaam br Sardar,

I do not have a problem with salat being a ritualized prayer.  This is how we communicate with our Creator.  He communicates with us through ayat; some verbal some nonverbal.  Similarly, salat is a means of communication verbal and non-verbal of ours.
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"