Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How does satan have future knowledge?

Offline Duster

• View Profile
How does satan have future knowledge?
« on: November 02, 2012, 09:31:27 AM »
peace / shalom br. Joseph / all

In verse 7.17, Satan says that he would lead mankind astray and that most of them would be ungrateful. Now my question is that no one has knowledge of the future, not even Satan. So how did he know that most of mankind would be ungrateful?? I would be grateful for your view.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
Re: How does satan have future knowledge?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 10:49:21 AM »
Peace Duster,

He did not know.  It was conjecture," thann"  see 37:20  Satan was correct in his assessment of them and they all followed him except for a band of true believers
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 07:13:03 PM »
Salam

from the context of the verses 7:13 to 7:19, I conclude that it was a mere allegation of a threat expelled by  Iblis to opposite God. A challenge or an evil promise.
Of course he does not know it. But this scenario is his wish and target,  with which he wish to threaten  God ...

Salam

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2012, 08:23:24 PM »
Peace / shalom all,

Thank you for your replies Hope and Chadiga.

Peace Duster,

He did not know.  It was conjecture," thann"  see 37:20  Satan was correct in his assessment of them and they all followed him except for a band of true believers

This is very true!