Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Salaam

Offline Passerby

• View Profile
Salaam
« on: September 28, 2012, 10:29:23 AM »
I had happened upon the site before and had to pry myself away from it.  I loved being able to truly understand what I was reading for once, as I find that many "God Alone" forums/articles are a chore to read.  I can be a very fickle individual, so if an article doesn't get my attention within the first paragraph, I tend to move on.

Like another user here, I started off as a Christian.  I went through several denominations, and each time discovered something ill-placed.  Just before I converted to Islam I was a few weeks away from being baptized as a Jehovah's Witness.  When I look back on everything, I realize that each chapter in my journey left me stronger than the one before it.  I feel like Islam is the icing on the cake, so to speak.  There is no other way for me to go.

Unfortunately, I started out following with Sunni way, but things just never  sat right with me.  It began with the pointing of the finger during prayer.  Then I began questioning all of the rules and points systems.  Right hand this, left foot that, spit over your shoulder 3 times, don't sleep on your stomach.  I just couldn't imagine that God was keeping tally of how many good and bad deeds I did...I imagined Him to be a scorekeeper during a bowling game...How could a God so powerful need to keep score?

One day my husband told me that he said that "We don't hold any prophet over another...they are all equal."  I looked at him in disbelief and said "Are you serious?  We do everything the Prophet Muhammed did down to a T...we hold him in higher regard than any other prophet!"  He got angry then, and referred me to a friend who quickly told me I was wrong.  He told me what the Qur'an said, and I understood.  I told him "I know what we are supposed to do, but I am telling you that we as Muslims hold the Prophet Muhammed in higher regard than any other prophet." 

Needless to say, I was shut down very quickly after that..."How can you let a woman lead you through the deen?" 

I was terrified at first to take the step into God Alone, but now I feel extremely confident that this is the right way. 

I pray that Allah leads us all down the straight path, and protects us from the false worship that surrounds us.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
Re: Salaam
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2012, 01:16:00 AM »
Peace Passerby,

Welcome aboard, truly the site has 'magical' properties.  Like a magnet it pulls you in.
Deen-e-Hanifan is what we are asked to follow by God as exampled by the Prophet Abraham by surrendering our will to God.  It is a Way of Being. 

Then we have the religion of surrender which has come to be synonymous with the way of Prophet Muhammad.  It is a Way of Living.  34:28 highlights the universality of his mission.  It is the test for believers, who are in loving surrender to the Will and Guidance of our Creator, to use the Quran  to extract the Law given to Muhammad or not.

I welcome the false worship around me because it strengthens my faith. This is the universe of duality where everything is created or manifested to us in pairs. 
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"