Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: evolution of matter

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
evolution of matter
« on: December 09, 2012, 07:20:04 AM »
Salaam all,

I had shared with you before:

Rabb attribute creates a thing and then develops it taking it from stage to stage till it attains perfection.  Rububiyah is another expression for the law of Evolution.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Di73YH8vW7g

23:12-14

The inorganic matter becomes organic and living matter.  The inorganic materials of the earth having been absorbed into living matter by way of food  the living matter reproduces itself by means of sperm deposited in the ovum and fertilizes it and rests for a time in security in the mother’s womb.  Fertilized egg converts into a clot of congealed blood; the zygote cells grow by segmentation; mass assumes shape in its growth.  From the lump develop bones and organs and a nervous system.

This is the formation of physical body  before Adam

Adam's progeny will spiritually evolve till they attain the stage when they can become 'khalifa' of God on earth.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: evolution of matter
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 07:37:14 AM »
Adam's progeny will spiritually evolve till they attain the stage when they can become 'khalifa' of God on earth.

Salaam Hope - Have you got any proof from the Quran for this statement of yours??

The Quran's evidence suggests to me that Hud's people were already made viceroys (khalifa) after Noah's people (7.69) and Saleh's people viceroys after A'ad (7.74). So viceroys have already been made. There is more evidence that man is already viceroy on Earh (10.14 + 27.62 etc). Thanks Saba

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 08:38:41 AM »

Peace Saba,

Yes, there have been 'khulafaa al-ard' according to the Quran and initially that was the purpose but now, we are not the custodians of the earth anymore  because of greed.  They are even considering to move to another planet to sustain life.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 09:02:25 AM »
Salam hope, I respectfully requested Quranic evidence for your first statement and I note that you did not provide any. In addition you have now made another statement which I find strange.

but now, we are not the custodians of the earth anymore  because of greed.

Now do you please have additional evidence for this?

If you note 7.74 - Salehs people are still being referred to as viceroys even though they had gone astray. Please can you provide evidence from the Quran please for both your statements. thanks Saba.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:56:59 AM »
Salaam Saba,

No, ma'am, Qur'an does not say this nor the physical evolution.  Yet it presents evolutionary stages:  30:30

[Al-Muntakhab]   71:14  When His creation evinces both wisdom and Omnipotence. It was He Who created you not only in an orderly manner, but also in progressive stages; from a notfa amshag -zygote- and a clinging organism. you become a rudimentary being -embryo- then you come to be a developing being -foetus- then you come out of the womb a new-born babe, then you grow to maturity. Similarly -and in amore general sense- did He create the universe, from the gaseous stage to the stage of concentration then to the final stage of solidification of cosmic matter and the animate beings from the unicellular to the multicellular to the organific,   

[Progressive Muslims]       "While He created you in stages"

Man’s evolution of physical growth
 1. Mere dust or clay- the physical basis of his body
2. Out of the produce of the earth as incorporated in the parent’s body
3. The production of the sperm drop with the corresponding receptive element
4. Mixing of the different elements in due proportion
5. Giving a particular  shape, shaping him into a man
6. Breathing into him of the Spirit of God, giving him a mind and soul

I am assuming we have already physically evolved; but spiritually we, collectively, have not,  based on my observations. God has assigned that responsibility to us but we have failed to be the custodians of the earth.   I feel like, as Muslims, everyone is self-interested to make it to the Jannah rather than  lifting up the brother/community/nation/humanity/environment/ with them.  Non-Muslims are in the same boat, too.  Especially US, concerned with 'self-interests' based on power, greed, arrogance. Toxic pollution in the air, water and soil.  Destroying animal and human habitats

Our role on earth is that of a Khalifah.  We are not masters of this Earth; it does not belong to us to do what we wish. It belongs to Allah and He has entrusted us with its safekeeping.  We will be answerable for the way we use or abuse the trust of Allah.  When we are being conscious of our servanthood by returning our gratitude for our own nature and the creation, then we become a sensible, aware, responsible khalifa of Allah's gifts (man's skills, knowledge, powers)  and bounty in the creation.  We are not khalifah until we attain environmental consciousness.

I hope I answered your questions.

Peace,

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2012, 12:22:36 AM »
Salaam all,

http://www.upworthy.com/how-our-planet-is-being-bribed-to-death?c=ufb1

To Be ''halifa' or not to Be
Has become a political question

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 12:52:18 AM »

Sr. Hope - Salaam

I am not sure that Quran does not talk about physical evolution. I would agree with the evidence provided in the following article by br. Joseph that there are strong verses which suggest to me at least that the Quran talks about physical evolution.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/evolution%20FM3.htm

We are not masters of this Earth

I never said we are masters of this Earth. You made two claims, i politely asked for proof from the Quran. You have agreed there is no proof. I also showed you evidence from the Quran that communities before were already viceroys on the Earth. Thanks Saba.  8)

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 02:23:44 AM »
Peace Saba,

I am not saying anything different than what you are saying but it seems we got stuck on the  terminology.  I did not understand what you were objecting to.  There is no single word that I know means evolution in the Quran.  We deduce it as a result of several verses.

Being the progeny of Adam, every human being is created for the purpose of khalifa. Verses 2:30-34 define our position on earth. We are here as lords of the creation to rule upon the earth in the capacity of God's representatives.  We have  been given  the aptitude to learn all that is necessary for knowing and utilizing the various resources of nature and the  beings called angels who bring the powers of nature into operation have also been made subject to us in our mission.

We are not really fulfilling our mission because of the self-interests/national interests that take priority over God's interests.   Yes, we are khalifas but in name only, not in action.

Peace,

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 04:23:41 AM »
Yes, we are khalifas but in name only, not in action.

That I agree with sister. Thanks  8) :) Saba