Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Unnatural Sex

Offline Forum Questions

• View Profile
Unnatural Sex
« on: November 12, 2011, 12:19:32 PM »
QUESTION ASKED ON ANOTHER FORUM
[Please contact Joseph Islam for further details of the original thread]

Dear Members,

Al-Kafi, our book of Hadees mentions Imam Ali Raza saying that he used to have rear sex with two concubines every night.

My Sunni friend Sidik used to say that it was wrong. Then I showed him two similar Hadees in Bukhari.

Abdullah Ibne Umar was reciting the Quran. When he reached verse 2:223, he asked Naafe' whether he knew the application of this verse. Then he went on to explain: "Your women are your fields therefore go to your fields as you please. If you wish, go into her.... [(Bukhari Vol 2 Pg 729 Kitab Tafsir, chapter 597, Hadith 1641). It is astounding that even the original Arabic text leaves a blank space here!

Imam Abu Suleman Jozjani told Muhammad bin Sa'd: I was in the company of Imam Malik. Imam Malik was asked, "Can a man have rectal intercourse with his wives?"Malik struck his head with his hand and replied, "O Dummies! I am coming directly from bath after doing that. Don't you read in the Quran that your wives are your fields, go into them as you please?" ('Amdatil Qari, Tafsir Bukhari, explanation of verse 2:223).

Now both of us do it with our wives. The women hated it at first but now enjoy it.

Are we committing sin or is it allowed?

Apologies for being explicit

Offline Forum Questions

• View Profile
Re: Unnatural Sex
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 12:22:12 PM »
QUESTION RESPONDED TO BY ANOTHER MEMBER

Non-QXP translation to make a point:

2:223 Your wives are (as) a tilth (to produce and rear children) for you, so come to your tilth when and how you like and send forward (some good) for yourselves, and take Allah as a shield, and know that you shall meet Him, and give good tidings to the believers

Please note the word Tilth above and re consider your position. Enough said.

Any Bukhari report that contradicts the Qur'an is what it is: a report (or a misquote). It is not Allah's Word.

No women with a sense of honour would put up with this unnatural act. Medically it is not advisable either and can lead to health issues.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Unnatural Sex
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 12:23:06 PM »
RESPONSE GIVEN BY JOSEPH ISLAM

Peace.

I could not concur more with brother [Name Removed] excellent post [above]. Having studied both Ibn Hajar Asqalani's Fath al-Bari and Badr Al-Ayni's Umdat al Qari on this particular matter and with regards Bukhari's commentary, I am truly aghast at the discussions that have ensued and the sordid details that it contains. It is certainly not comfortable study!

The Arabic word 'harth' means to till, or cultivate land, either by sowing or by planting: (Taj ul-Urus) or when one ploughs up land for sowing: (Mughrib of El-Mutarrizee) because the doing so is a means of gain. It has the inherent meaning of acquisition, reward (gain), seed-produce or what is grown or raised as by means of seed planting.

One reads the beauty with which Allah has portrayed the message. The analogy is clearly one of a farmer who will cultivate his lands, sow the seeds at its proper seasons to reap its benefits. No limitations are set with regards how many times one approaches their partners, however one can clearly note a subtlety of comparison with regards fertilisation cycles. One approaches their spouse much in the same way a farmer approaches his fields sowing seeds at the proper period to expect a gain, a beautiful worldly gain, but a gain indeed.

I wonder how a farmer would be expected to sow seeds with a view to cultivate land in an improper manner and then still expect a 'positive yield'?

The exquisite Quranic guidance is a far cry from some of the incredulous reports found in the Ahadith corpus.

Volume 6, Book 60, Number 51:
Narrated Jabir:

Jews used to say: "If one has sexual intercourse with his wife from the back, then she will deliver a squint-eyed child."
So this Verse was revealed:--

"Your wives are a tilth unto you; so go to your tilth when or how you will." (2.223)
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell