Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Cause thee to forget??

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
Cause thee to forget??
« on: March 15, 2013, 07:47:22 PM »
Salam Friends,

Are the following verses addressed to the blessed Muhammad or mankind in general?

[Bilal]
87:6 By degrees We will teach you to declare the message, so you will not forget,
87:7 Except what God wills, for He knows what is manifest and what is hidden.

Many translators assume that they are addressed to Muhammad and while trying to explain it, end up with the theory of abrogation.

[Haleem]
87:6 [Prophet], We shall teach you [the Quran] and you will not forget––

87:7 unless God wishes; He knows both what is open and what is hidden––

Would appreciate a better and clear understanding. Thanks.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: Cause thee to forget??
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2013, 07:56:30 PM »
Dear Mubashir,

May peace be with you.

Just to respectfully remind you that you have already asked this question before which lead to the following thread.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=458

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 12:56:36 AM »
Peace Mubashir and Joseph,

As 26:193 shows, the Ruh al-Amin imprinted the Quran in the Prophet’s heart thus causing him not  forget it.  As a human being his mind is apt to forget things, which is a blessing in my opinion.  The human brain stores everything we have ever experienced.  If we remembered everything, there would be an overload on the system leading to malfunction.  Actually there is no need for angels to record since our brains do the recording for God.  We can have access to the minute details of the stored memory through hypnosis in this lifetime.

God would help the prophet to forget the worldly things or unrelevant information keeping it in the background and bring the Quranic material to the forefront as needed. This is my understanding.

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 07:30:49 PM »
Thanks Hope!. Thanks for the reminder Br Joseph!!

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2013, 09:27:59 AM »

Salaam Hope,

You mention that there is no reason for the angels to record because our brains do the recording but we are told in the Quran that the angels do in fact record For God

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2013, 12:04:22 PM »
Salaam sister,

You mention that there is no reason for the angels to record because our brains do the recording but we are told in the Quran that the angels do in fact record For God

Yes, that is true but we are also told in the Quran that we will testify against ourselves, too.

36:65  That day We shall seal their mouths up while their hands will speak to Us and their feet bear witness about what they have been earning.

24:24  On the Day when their own tongues, hands and feet shall bear witness against them about what they did

41:20  when they come close to it (Fire), their ears, eyes and skins will testify against them for their misdeeds.

I said brain because it is the command center of the physical body.

Peace,
"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2013, 12:52:34 PM »
Salaam,

The Angels have a duty to record  whereas our hands and feet will testify against us in order to expose the sins we have committed.

A multidimensional process is in place so that we will be shown the truth on the Day Of Judgement.

Offline islamist

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2013, 02:54:15 PM »
"I have no power over any harm or profit to myself except what Allah may will" (10:49)

Here, in fact,  it does not mean there is possibility for Allah to give the prophet (some times) power over any harm or to profit himself.   The prophet was never given any such power at anytime.  The issue of prophet gaining any power or harm is linked to GOD in order to confirm the point that there is no question of prophet gaining any knowledge or power from any sources and the issue shall be dealt with God's law of Mashiyat (will power).    I believe the verse under discussion should be taken in the same meaning.  In other words, there is no question of prophet forgetting anything due to any reason.

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2013, 10:05:02 PM »
In other words, there is no question of prophet forgetting anything due to any reason.

Salaam

If I say, X will not happen unless Y happens, what does that concept mean in any language?. What is the purpose of an exception in any language???  Again, the Arabic is clear, the Arabic is simple and straightforward, the meaning is clear, the meaning is simple and straightforward - unless of course one does not want to accept it.

Please can you also tell me where the Qur'an speaks about the law of "Mashiyat (will power)"? Actually, please can you tell me where the word 'mashiyat' is used in the Quran and defined.

Thanks. Saba

Offline islamist

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 12:25:46 AM »
Salaam

If I say, X will not happen unless Y happens, what does that concept mean in any language?. What is the purpose of an exception in any language???  Again, the Arabic is clear, the Arabic is simple and straightforward, the meaning is clear, the meaning is simple and straightforward - unless of course one does not want to accept it.

Wassalam,

Kindly  tell me what is the message of the 'simple and straightforward verse',  "I have no power over any harm or profit to myself except as Allah willeth"(10:49).   Does it imply that there is possibility that sometimes the prophet might have had the power to harm and to profit himself?   Here Allah says X will not happen unless Y happens.    Is there any possibility of Y happening here?  YES or NO

Another verse; 007:188  “Say: "I have no power over any good or harm to myself except as God wills. If I had knowledge of the unseen, I should have multiplied all good, and no evil should have touched me: I am but a warner, and a bringer of glad tidings to those who have faith."”

Look forward to your comment

Kind regards

Islamist

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2013, 01:43:21 AM »
Salaam

The meaning of the verse is simple. Allah retains ultimate sovereignty over His purpose and creation!

It is that simple.

If I take a knife and cut myself, I have caused the gash. Allah gave me that power and allowed it to occur as part of cause and effect. If I was stopped from not harming myself because Allah did not will it in that instance, then there are a number of ways that I could have been stopped in my track.

Sometimes it is a thought like in the case of prophet joseph - 12.24 or the prophet moses mother 28.7 or through many other ways.

Many times Allah has intervened and restrained something from happening. If you do not believe me, please read verses like ....

"For had it not been for Allah's repelling some men by means of others, cloisters and churches and oratories and mosques, wherein the name of Allah is oft mentioned, would assuredly have been pulled down. Verily Allah helpeth one who helpeth Him. Lo! Allah is Strong, Almighty" 22.40

...and please don't find a way to interpret away from the simple meanings in this verses. Allah does intervene at times, He does and He has the power to. If you do not want to accept that, that is for you to deal with.

So therefore as you have requested  - I am kindly telling you, you are over complicating things with your philosophy. Please do not find me being rude as that is not my purpose. However, I have to tell you that I find many of your posts are over complications because you cannot seem to reconcile the straight forward verses of the Quran with your belief systems.

Now please can you answer my question first -

Please can you also tell me where the Qur'an speaks about the law of "Mashiyat (will power)"? Actually, please can you tell me where the word 'mashiyat' is used in the Quran and defined.

Thanks Saba

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2013, 01:58:40 AM »
Salaam Islamist,

You asked,  "I have no power over any harm or profit to myself except as Allah willeth"(10:49) Does it imply that there is possibility that sometimes the prophet might have had the power to harm and to profit himself.  " 

Just like anybody else, we have no control over things, although we think we do.  How do you know what you will is not what God wills?  You may want to kill yourself or some other soul and take action but if its not the right time or place, you will not succeed.  This is how I understand this verse, because the prophet was being mocked and challenged by the rejecters in the previous verse: (why don't you bring the punishment now,when is it going to be fulfilled?)

"Say, 'I'm not different from other messengers,  I have no idea what will happen to me or to you.  I only follow what is revealed to me.  I am no more than a profound warner.'"  46:9

Offline islamist

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2013, 02:31:03 PM »
Many times Allah has intervened and restrained something from happening. If you do not believe me, please read verses like ....

Salaam Saba, 

You may please focus on the topic.  I was not discussing whether Allah intervenes or restrains something from happening.    My question to you was very simple.  In verse 10:49 Allah says X will not happen unless Y happens.    I asked you whether Y has ever happened or supposed to happen anytime.  In other words, prophet is saying he has no power independently to benefit something on his own accord for himself except what Allah wills.  My question is whether prophet had independently benefited anything in his life for himself? (In other words, whether the exception is supposed to happen);  Yes or No?

I shall make comments for your other questions (Insha Allah) in my next post after I receive your comments for this since I repeatedly notice you conveniently ignoring this question which is directly linked to the topic under discussion.

Regards,

Islamist

Offline islamist

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2013, 03:17:24 PM »
This is how I understand this verse

Hope, 

This is not the verse states

Regards

Islamist

Offline Saba

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2013, 07:33:03 PM »
Salaam Islamist

You want me to stay on the topic while it is you who is deliberately not responding to a simple question that you have been asked?

Anyone reading this thread will clearly see that it is you that has not responded to my question and are you are deliberately evading and skirting it. This is a tactic I am not going to accept and I find it very rude that you are answering a question with a question.

Please read the thread again and see that I asked the question first. See reply #8

Now I ask once again for the third time........ please do not skirt the issue and answer my question first -

Tell me where the Qur'an speaks about the law of "Mashiyat (will power)"? Actually, please can you tell me where the word 'mashiyat' is used in the Quran and defined.

Saba