Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Masturbation

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Masturbation
« Reply #15 on: May 24, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
Salaam Irfan ,

Joseph gave many references about the spirit of what the Quran says about human needs. One was the directive given towards self restraint in the situation where a believer is not in a position to marry.

The topic has been discussed in a lot of detail and I just want to pick up on the point made by you:

a fact that the Qur'an could have explicitly forbid masturbation and it didn't.  We know that we cannot question the Divine Wisdom

What do you then say to Joseph's comment:

here was even a question of whether animals could be used as the Quran does not expressly forbid sex with animals!

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 24, 2013, 08:37:40 PM »
Salaam. I think this is an important question being asked by Truthseeker and Duster. Can we just say something is allowed just because the Quran doesn't expressly forbid it? That doesn't seem the right approach to me. Also Duster rightly questions that the Quran actually provides exceptions when it wants to. But no such exception is given here.... Saba

Offline Irfan

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2013, 09:15:40 PM »
Dear bro Duster,
What I understand from your recent post is that since masturbatin is not explicitly mentioned in the Qur'an, there's no question of exceptions. Great point. However, since I am not sure if my position is entirely sustainable by Qur'ann, I tried to look for refuge on the DOJ in case I may be misleading readers on this forum. I still think, though, that God looked away from bringing up this issue on purpose. I call it God's mercy on those who may be feeling guilty in weak moments. I hope I understood your post correctly.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2013, 09:45:33 PM »
Shalom / peace bro Irfan. Sorry if I was not clear>>>

What I was trying to say was that an exception of masturbation could have been allowed if Allah wanted us to practice it in desperate situations.

After reading the thread carefully, I think bro Joseph has shown some good evidence from the quran that restraint is possibly better when one is taken over by desires or someone fears that they will  commit a sin with their sexual parts.

So Allah could have given an exception of masturbation if he wanted to allow it in desperate situations. As you have shown, exceptions are given.

So like you say I'm also thinking is your position sustainable by the quran. It is quite a gripping topic for me too as I think we all have weak moments.

Offline HOPE

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2013, 03:27:37 AM »
Peace,

I find this discussion very appealing because pros and cons are being evaluated almost simultaneously.  Just want to make one comment.  It is true that the  Quran does give clear exceptions when needed but the examples given, as far as I know, pertain only to life and death situations or conditions like hunger or danger to life.  Sex is not that high on the hierarchy of life sustainability.  We can survive without sex.  Thus lack of exceptions should not be considered as a point against masturbation.  Having said that, I liked the evidences br. Joseph presented

"Hope is like a bird that senses the dawn and carefully starts to sing while it is still dark"

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2016, 04:16:38 PM »
A more literal understanding of the word 'farj' (plural furuj) in the expression 'lifurujihin hafizun' is a reference to the private parts of both males and females. It is a reference to the 'pudenda' (sex organ) which is considered indecent to expose. 

The argument here is that this is not merely a reference to sexual intercourse but to any sexual act.

The exception of wedlock is granted where one is not considered blameworthy (ghayru malumin) 23:6. However, whoever seeks beyond that has transgressed (ada) - 23:7

Please take my sincere apologies for quoting this post after a long times. I'm respectfully agreed with the upper arguments as i have done some little research on my own.  But only one question arises momentarily & need a suitable answer. If one is married and stay far away from spouse for some reasons or due to unavoidable circumstances, will it be sinful to masturbate thinking of own wife? Logically any sexual pleasures that come from wife is sanctioned. Is distance really a fact when the wife is not close for intimacy?
“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!

Offline Sstikstof

• Sstikstof
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2016, 09:02:36 PM »
A more literal understanding of the word 'farj' (plural furuj) in the expression 'lifurujihin hafizun' is a reference to the private parts of both males and females. It is a reference to the 'pudenda' (sex organ) which is considered indecent to expose. 

The argument here is that this is not merely a reference to sexual intercourse but to any sexual act.

The exception of wedlock is granted where one is not considered blameworthy (ghayru malumin) 23:6. However, whoever seeks beyond that has transgressed (ada) - 23:7

Please take my sincere apologies for quoting this post after a long times. I'm respectfully agreed with the upper arguments as i have done some little research on my own.  But only one question arises momentarily & need a suitable answer. If one is married and stay far away from spouse for some reasons or due to unavoidable circumstances, will it be sinful to masturbate thinking of own wife? Logically any sexual pleasures that come from wife is sanctioned. Is distance really a fact when the wife is not close for intimacy?

I think I have found a suitable answer which seems logical.

“And no example do they bring to you but We bring to you the truth and the BEST TAFSEER (EXEGESIS).” 25:33

The best commentary of the Qur’an is the Qur’an itself!