Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: A Tabarani Hadith

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
A Tabarani Hadith
« on: November 13, 2011, 01:10:03 AM »
Salams,

I came across your website.

I have not read your articles but I read the beginning of the website.

I hope to learn a lot from you.

I am a believing and practicing Muslim.

Some Hadith increase my faith but some cause confusion and decrease my faith....so I thank you for shedding light on hadeeth as a source of Islamic knowledge.

One hadith that is amazing is the Prophet's instruction on a companion on how to position a particular mosque for correct qibla.

The hadeeth is in Tabarani....and goodle earth now shows that the instructions given by teh Prophet and detailed in the hadeeth and a history book have laser pinpoint accuracy.

Please see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siByuKxTqp0

Please let me know your comments on this youtube.

I hope to continue diaologue to learn.

Salams,

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: A Tabarani Hadith
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 01:16:45 AM »
Walaikum salaam,

Thank you for your comments.

We should always keep in mind that the Ahadith is 'ilm rijaal' (knowledge of men) collated many decades, if not centuries after the demise of the Prophet. They are not accounts written at the time of the Prophet nor did any companion write them with his own hands. These were not written at the time of the Prophet. For example, Imam Bukhari's work allegedly was not completed until 846 CE. The Prophet died in 632 CE. That's over 220 years later.

If you say something today to someone else and it gets passed on, mouth by mouth for hundreds of years till it is finally compiled, what do you think will happen to the original story?

Similarly, Abu al-Qasim ibn Al-Tabarani died nearly 350 years after the death of the Prophet (970CE). The Hadith he collected are 3 and a half centuries removed from when the event occurred. Now the question can be asked, were the hadith written after the mosque had been completed many decades or centuries later and then claimed to be from an earlier period? How could al-Tabarani ever be 100% sure? To check, he would have to ask each person back 350 years to the time of the Prophet and they would have all been dead.

That is why Ahadith has caused so much confusion.

The Quran asks a very simple question:

045:006             
"These are verses of God (Arabic: ayat-ullah) that We recite to you with truth. Then, in what HADITH (Arabic word: Hadithin) after God and His verses (Arabic: Ayati) do they believe?"

007:185                
"Do they see nothing in the government of the heavens and the earth and all that God has created? (Do they not see) that it may well be that their terms are drawing to an end? In what HADITH after this will they then believe?"

So the question is not if the Hadith is true or false. Of course, no one can claim that every Hadith is fabricated or does not contain a truthful central core. However, as I'm sure you will agree this is not the point. The main point is that the Quran gives no authority to any other source except for itself.

006:114
"Say: "Shall I seek for judge other than God? - when He is the One who has sent to you the Book, explained in detail (Arabic: Mufassalan)." They know full well, to whom We have given the Book, that it has been sent down from your Lord in truth. Never be then of those who doubt"

How can a book be 'mufassalan', or 'fussilat' and then not be complete for religious guidance? I am sure you know what I mean, God willing.

However, please have a look at some of the problems the Hadith causes and let me know what you think. The sad thing is that most Muslims don't know about these and the Muslim clergy hide them from their masses. Much like the Christian priests that hide 'questionable verses' from the Bible from their masses.

http://quransmessage.com/(7)%20Updates/hadith-enter%20-%20live.htm

I hope that helps.

Kind regards,

Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell