Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Crumbling of Mountain?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Crumbling of Mountain?
« on: July 30, 2013, 09:06:26 AM »
Salam All, As per following Ayah the Mountain which is also called Kohe Toor was crumbled after

Allah's manifestation but some say the mountain is still there. Can somebody explain in this regard?
وَلَمَّا جَاءَ مُوسَىٰ لِمِيقَاتِنَا وَكَلَّمَهُ رَبُّهُ قَالَ رَبِّ أَرِنِي أَنظُرْ إِلَيْكَ قَالَ لَن تَرَانِي وَلَٰكِنِ انظُرْ إِلَى الْجَبَلِ فَإِنِ اسْتَقَرَّ مَكَانَهُ فَسَوْفَ تَرَانِي فَلَمَّا تَجَلَّىٰ رَبُّهُ لِلْجَبَلِ جَعَلَهُ دَكًّا وَخَرَّ مُوسَىٰ صَعِقًا فَلَمَّا أَفَاقَ قَالَ سُبْحَانَكَ تُبْتُ إِلَيْكَ وَأَنَا أَوَّلُ الْمُؤْمِنِينَ

And when Musa came at Our appointed time and his Lord spoke to him, he said: My Lord! show me (Thyself), so that I may look upon Thee. He said: You cannot (bear to) see Me but look at the mountain, if it remains firm in its place, then will you see Me; but when his Lord manifested His glory to the mountain He made it crumble and Musa fell down in a swoon; then when he recovered, he said: Glory be to Thee, I turn to Thee, and I am the first of the believers.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: Crumbling of Mountain?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2013, 11:54:50 AM »
Salaam Sardar. Where in the Qur'an does it say which mountain or the name of the mountain that crumbled? All it says it was a particular mountain... that is all. We can't say it is this mountain or that mountain and then say it is still there. This would be wrong. It could have been any mountain. The Qur'an does not say which. Saba 8) :)

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2013, 12:03:37 PM »
I do not know about which Mountain but usually some people and Urdu poets in India  say Allah's Tajjalli ( Manifestation) had appeared on  Mountain Toor.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Ghamidi's criticism on GAPerwaiz's translation
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 07:24:30 AM »
Bro JAI I am trying to find Bro Khled Zaheer's letter clarifying Allama's views that he has not changed his opinion as ascerted by Dr shabbir on QM forum but can not find .Can you pl help me?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2013, 08:02:33 AM »
Peace brother Sardar,

Please see response #6 in the link below.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=892.msg3460#msg3460

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell