Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: On Jummah prayers

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
On Jummah prayers
« on: August 16, 2013, 12:20:10 PM »
Greetings to all.
I have the following questions on the Jummah prayer.

1. It is common practice that the Jummah prayer replaces the Noon day prayer. Is this supported by the Quran? If no then would the Jummah prayer constitute a sixth prayer on the day of Jummah.

2. Is there any reason why the Jummah prayer is prayed at the time of the Noon day prayer? Would it be possible to pray the Jummah prayer at other times of the day?

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
Re: On Jummah prayers
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2013, 03:27:09 AM »
Jumah prayer is to be prayed as per Surah Jumah (Surah 62) after a call of prayer is done. This Salat is in place of Zhur prayers. As Khtba is part of Jumah only two Rak'at are read. This is once in a week for Zikrillah

May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2013, 07:21:43 PM »
Surah Jumah does not say which prayer of the day we must congregate.

Surah Jumah also does not say if the call to prayer is a call specific to the congregational prayer (i.e. an additional prayer), or if it is a call for a regular prayer to be prayed in congregation. Though I feel that it must be the latter I would appreciate any further insight from someone who understands the Arabic.

Offline Sardar Miyan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2013, 08:04:16 AM »
Quran mentions call of prayers for Juma only & not for other salaths. I think taking que from Juma Call of prayers (Azan)  muslims have adopted call of Prayers (Azan)for daily five prayers.Juma prayer is in lieu of Zuhur prayers by adding Qutba.
May entire creation be filled with Peace & Joy & Love & Light

Offline Ismail

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 08:26:16 PM »
Salaam.

Then what about 5:58:

"And when you proclaim your call to prayer they take it but as mockery and sport..."

Regards,
A. Ismail Sait.