Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 'Blood Poured Forth' and 6:145

Offline Reader Questions

• View Profile
'Blood Poured Forth' and 6:145
« on: November 13, 2011, 07:45:13 AM »

I notice it is, again only in Verse 6.145, that Blood is mentioned as 'blood poured forth' or 'running  blood' which is absolutely fine. However, in none of the other verses (2.173/ 5.3/ 16.115 ) Does it say this, but instead just says 'Blood'.

As we all know, however you slaughter an Animal, there will always be 'some blood' even if it very small amount, Usually when we read the Verses on 'Blood Poured forth' and 'Running Blood' We Praise GOD that it does not just say Blood, otherwise maybe All meats would be prohibited !?

Why does it ONLY say Running blood In Verse 6.145? and None of the others- Is this not confusing, some people could say ALL blood is prohibited?

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: 'Blood Poured Forth' and 6:145
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2011, 07:45:58 AM »
Peace,

I, like yourself agree that the elaboration of adjective 'masfuhan' (poured forth) with daman (blood) is a blessing otherwise it could indeed be argued that blood in whatever form or existence would be forbidden. If we note the verse carefully, it seems as some may have asked this very question about 'blood'. Hence, this verse appears as a clarification verse. Please note the style. 'Say, I find not in that which is revealed unto me anything prohibited...' Some sort of clarification it appears has been sought, hence the style of the response by the Prophet. 

6:145 definitely seems to elaborate the context of the blood to mean 'running blood' or 'blood for consumption'. This is in keeping with the style of the Quran Which often elaborates meanings in other parts of the Quran.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell