Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: About being patient

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
About being patient
« on: August 10, 2014, 02:10:19 AM »
As salam alaykum,

How does one know that he is in a state of "Sabr" or "min al sabereen" ? Is it required for one to be considered patient to be content with the situation he is in, I mean to be "Radi" with whatever situation he is in ?(I mean if someone is not "Radi" then  he will not be considered patient ?)Or is there a clearer way to know if one has stopped being patient like "Kufr" ? Can Kuffr be the opposite of patience ?

Any clarification is appreciated
Thank you

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: About being patient
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2014, 08:20:30 AM »
Peace Ahmad.

I will give few verses, see what you make of them? (About being patient with others/ourselves, about frustration/worry/loosing our temper...?)

Let us start with::
2:155
We will surely test you through some fear, hunger, and loss of money, lives, and crops. Give good news to the steadfast.
وَلَنَبلُوَنَّكُم بِشَىءٍ مِنَ الخَوفِ وَالجوعِ وَنَقصٍ مِنَ الأَموٰلِ وَالأَنفُسِ وَالثَّمَرٰتِ وَبَشِّرِ الصّٰبِرينَ

And:
3:134
who give to charity during the good times, as well as the bad times. They are suppressors of anger, and pardoners of the people. God loves the charitable.
الَّذينَ يُنفِقونَ فِى السَّرّاءِ وَالضَّرّاءِ وَالكٰظِمينَ الغَيظَ وَالعافينَ عَنِ النّاسِ وَاللَّهُ يُحِبُّ المُحسِنينَ

3:135
If they fall in sin or wrong their souls, they remember God and ask forgiveness for their sins - and who forgives the sins except God - and they do not persist in sins, knowingly.
وَالَّذينَ إِذا فَعَلوا فٰحِشَةً أَو ظَلَموا أَنفُسَهُم ذَكَرُوا اللَّهَ فَاستَغفَروا لِذُنوبِهِم وَمَن يَغفِرُ الذُّنوبَ إِلَّا اللَّهُ وَلَم يُصِرّوا عَلىٰ ما فَعَلوا وَهُم يَعلَمونَ

Qoran says the following about our nature:
4:28
God wishes to lighten your burden, for the human being is created weak.
يُريدُ اللَّهُ أَن يُخَفِّفَ عَنكُم وَخُلِقَ الإِنسٰنُ ضَعيفًا

21:37
The human being is impatient by nature. I will inevitably show you My signs; do not be in such a hurry.
خُلِقَ الإِنسٰنُ مِن عَجَلٍ سَأُو۟ريكُم ءايٰتى فَلا تَستَعجِلونِ

Yes we are weak! We can only achieve patience/perseverance with GOD s help according to:
2:153
O you who believe, seek help through steadfastness and the Salat. God is with those who steadfastly persevere.
يٰأَيُّهَا الَّذينَ ءامَنُوا استَعينوا بِالصَّبرِ وَالصَّلوٰةِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ مَعَ الصّٰبِرينَ

16:127
You shall resort to patience - and your patience is attainable only with God's help. Do not grieve over them, and do not be annoyed by their schemes.
وَاصبِر وَما صَبرُكَ إِلّا بِاللَّهِ وَلا تَحزَن عَلَيهِم وَلا تَكُ فى ضَيقٍ مِمّا يَمكُرونَ

If we fail,we need to apologise, repent and try hard to reform and ask the Lord to help us do better?

We must never give up hope!!!
39:53
Proclaim: "O My servants who exceeded the limits, never despair of God's mercy. For God forgives all sins. He is the Forgiver, Most Merciful."
قُل يٰعِبادِىَ الَّذينَ أَسرَفوا عَلىٰ أَنفُسِهِم لا تَقنَطوا مِن رَحمَةِ اللَّهِ إِنَّ اللَّهَ يَغفِرُ الذُّنوبَ جَميعًا إِنَّهُ هُوَ الغَفورُ الرَّحيمُ

May the Lord help us do better.

GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: About being patient
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2014, 08:37:28 AM »
Peace Ahmad.

I meant to give you the following answer in my last post:

Even if we are "radi" today ,we can make mistakes and loose our temper /show impatience/forget to have "sabr"...tomorrow? It is a continuous process day in day out because of our nature. There are various examples of prophets making mistakes/being impatient...in Qoran.

The main point is to seek GOD s help every day and try our best.
What happened yesterday is gone! Can our today be a little better?

GOD bless you.
Peace,
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197