Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Some doubts - Kindly clear it please

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Some doubts - Kindly clear it please
« on: January 20, 2016, 02:01:33 PM »
Salam Walaikum All,

First, I would thank administrators for accepting my registration. I am new to this Quranist group...like everyone...i was also following Hadeeth earlier...with God's blessing...Alhamdullilah...now..I am following Quran...So i have some simple doubts...I hope you people can clear it...Thank you in advance.

my name is Azeemunnisa which means...great lady...actually..its my grandma's name...who passed away...year ago...I was born...so in memory of her...I was named Azeemunnisa...I wanted to ask...can I use this name?...is it ok?...as Allah is only Great right...so...is It ok to have this name?

is name calling prohibited?...as for fun...we call our friends with funny names...they don't mind either...

can we swear?..not in the name of God...but other beings?

is insurance allowed?...people who have vehicle are bound to have insurance for their vehicle in India..so it is compulsory to have it here...so is it ok?..

can we stretch our legs towards Qibla?...

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Some doubts - Kindly clear it please
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 05:44:28 PM »
Salaam Anjum. Welcome to the forum. I hope i'll benefit greatly from the knowldege and wisdom the members here impart. I also hope the many articles (link below) written by Joseph Islam will benefit you greatly:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/articles%20FM3.htm

Now unto your question. You asked:

my name is Azeemunnisa which means...great lady...actually..its my grandma's name...who passed away...year ago...I was born...so in memory of her...I was named Azeemunnisa...I wanted to ask...can I use this name?...is it ok?...as Allah is only Great right...so...is It ok to have this name?

I say yes you can use/keep that name. You parents gave you that name, which means great, as a way ( I assume) to remember your grandmother and not as a way to compare you to Allah. Therefore I personally find nothing wrong with it.

You also asked:

is name calling prohibited?...as for fun...we call our friends with funny names...they don't mind either...

Allah instructs us in the Quran to refer to each other with good names:

"O you who have believed, let not a people ridicule [another] people; perhaps they may be better than them; nor let women ridicule [other] women; perhaps they may be better than them. And do not insult one another and do not call each other by [offensive] nicknames. Wretched is the name of disobedience after [one's] faith. And whoever does not repent - then it is those who are the wrongdoers." [Quran 49:11]

But if you're doing it (calling each other funny names) in good intention and you and your friends don't mind, then I personally find nothing wrong with it. Personally, I think Allah cares more about our intentions. So if you and your friends intention for calling each other funny names is not to be offensive to one another but rather is done in good faith, then I think Allah would mind. God knows best.

You also asked:

can we swear?..not in the name of God...but other beings?

That's a good question. And it's one which I don't have the answer to. Hopefully some of the other members will have an answer to it.

You also asked:

can we stretch our legs towards Qibla?...

I don't see why not. Please bear in mind that everything that is consider wrongful/harmful has already been stated in the Quran. So if stretching ones legs towards the Qibla was in anyway harmful or unpleasing to Allah then Allah would have given mention to it in the Quran. Yet we find no such prohibition in the Quran. So I see nothing wrong with doing that. But for those who may suggest otherwise, the burden will be on them support their case solely from the Quran. Any and all religious assertions or theological standpoints/practices must find clear, unequivocal support from the Quran, as it is the Quran that is the primary and ultimate authority from God.

is insurance allowed?

A similar question was asked on this exact forum some time ago in which the response was:

"There is no prohibition in the Quran against insurance per se, which is acquired with the intention to indemnify against a possible loss... It is also within the Quranic guidance to take sensible precautions in one's affairs (4:102).
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=676.0

By the way, I (and I would assume many here) prefer the term Quran-centric over Quranist.

https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/542672849203180
https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/330796700390797

Peace.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2016, 07:09:20 PM »
Salam Brother Hassan

I thank you very much for clearing my doubts...i feel light now...:)...i know i m asking silly questions...but i am a new Quranist..that is why i have lot of doubts...hope you guys wont mind...:)...

Yes brother...me and my friends dont mind calling each other by funny names...its just for fun...and no bad intention...we are used to call each other like that...without that...we wont feel...close...i mean...i feel like tat...dont mistake...we even sometimes call each other by animals name...is that ok?...just for fun...can you please tell me..:)...

Thank you very much...for patiently answering my questions...:D...May God bless u...:)...

Peace...:)...
Anjum...

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2016, 08:49:22 PM »
Thank you Anjum and welcome to the forum too!

You will find many brothers and sisters here (such as brother Hassan A who has kindly responded to you) that will endeavour to assist you. These brothers and sisters have great wisdom and knowledge and are very willing to share with the grace of God.

I hope you will enjoy your stay here.

As-salamu alaykum

Regards,
Joseph

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 07:13:25 AM »
Salaam sister Anjum,

You asked:

we even sometimes call each other by animals name...is that ok?

If you're calling each other by animal names in good faith (i.e not to be offensive) and you and your friends don't mind, then I personally find nothing wrong with it. As I alluded to earlier, Allah cares more about our intentions. So if you and your friends intention for calling each other funny/animal names is not to be offensive to one another but rather is done in good faith, then I think Allah would mind. God knows best.

You also said:

i am a new Quranist..that is why i have lot of doubts...hope you guys wont mind

Dear sister, we don't mind at all. Please feel free to ask any and all question you may have (no matter how "silly" they may be) and we, God-willing, will try our best to answer them for you.

And if you haven't, may I kindly ask you to read some of the article brother Joseph Islam has written which I believe you may find very helpful in your endeavor to uphold the Quran as the primary source for our guidance.:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/articles%20FM3.htm

God bless you as well.
Peace.

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2016, 12:30:28 PM »
Salam Walaikum Dear Brother Joseph...

Thank you very much for your warm welcome...:)...and your support...And I am thankful to Almighty for showing me the right path...and...dropping me here...with you fine people...:)...so that..i can clear all my doubts...I thank you soo much brothers and sisters...:)...I am indeed very very happy...:)...now i feel free to post my questions...:)...Thank you once again...:)...May God bless u...:)...

With best regards...
Anjum

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2016, 12:32:56 PM »
Salam Walaikum Dear Brother Hassan...

Again thank you very much for clearing my doubts...:)...i feel light hearten now...i will freely post my questions brother..and i believer that...you will respond to me... :P...and sorry in advance if i irritate you much...:)...May God Bless you...:)..

With best regards,
Anjum