Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: quran last scripture your article last prophet but continue of messagers

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Assalam alikum i am a bit confused by your article you say that the quran is the last scripture now even thow I totally agree with that of course how do we prove that the quran is the last scripture from the quran itself. And yahya was a prophet but he only brung the torah he didn't bring a new scripture so I'm just a bit confused by this article jazzakkallah so is the ahmdi muslims prophet a prophet or not because he didn't bring a scripture and what about the nation of islam and etc and some guy who is called rushafi Khalifa the website submission.org and quran-islam.org etc are these all prophets messagers like I said I'm a bit confused by this jazzakkallah sorry to bother you

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Asalamu Alykum Yahya

Please remember that "Prophets" and "Messengers" are not always the same.

The traditional perspective from my understanding anyways is that messengers are always prophets and prophets are not always messengers. In other words from the traditional perspective there is more of a duty, authority and weight given to a messenger than a prophet. A messenger brings a new scripture and a prophets do not bring new scripture.

From a Quranic perspective it hard to prove the traditional point of view. From my research and from pondering over brother Joseph's articles it seems like prophets are always messengers, but messengers are not always prophets. So in other words there is more duty, authority and weight given or put on a prophet than a messenger. A prophet comes with a new scripture or has authority and judgment over its people and messengers do not

If the latter is to be accepted then I find that a question like yours can be easily answered Insha'Allah

how do we prove that the quran is the last scripture from the quran itself.

Here is a verse that states that Prophet Muhammad was the seal of all Prophets.

33:40 Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but (he is) the Messenger of Allah, and the Seal of the Prophets: and Allah has full knowledge of all things.

Also two other verses that state no narrative after the Quran are to be taken for religious authority

7:185 Do they see nothing in the government of the heavens and the earth and all that God has created? (Do they not see) that it may well be that their terms are drawing to an end? In what HADITH after this will they then believe?

77:05 Then In what Hadith (Arabic Word: Hadithin), after this will they believe?

Hope that helps Insha'Allah

Salam

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Thanks jazzakkallah