Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: example of dog in the verse 7:176

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
example of dog in the verse 7:176
« on: July 13, 2015, 02:28:46 PM »
Salam.

I just Failed to understand the example of dog in the verse 7:176

7:176 And if  We had willed, we could have elevated him thereby, but he adhered (instead) to the earth and followed his own desire. So his example is like that of the dog: if you chase him, he pants, or if you leave him, he (still) pants. That is the example of the people who denied Our signs. So relate the stories that perhaps they will give thought.

Since dogs cannot sweat, it's their way of cooling their body temperature. Isn't it? Also, some dogs just do it to feel the air brushing against their tongues. So what is the similarity between dog and those people who follow their own desire.
I look forward to hear your thoughts on this.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: example of dog in the verse 7:176
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2015, 02:12:58 AM »
Peace munir rana.

Check these translations out. If you have already done so,fine.

http://islamawakened.com/quran/7/176/default.htm

GOD bless you.
Peace
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: example of dog in the verse 7:176
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2015, 09:51:05 PM »
Salaam munir rana,

Muhammad Asad gives the following interpretation/explanation with regards to 7:176:

"Because his attitudes are influenced only by what his earth-bound desires represent to him as his immediate 'advantages' or 'disadvantages', the type of man alluded to in this passage is always - whatever the outward circumstances - a prey to a conflict between his reason and his base urges and, thus, to inner disquiet and imaginary fears and cannot attain to that peace of mind which a believer achieves through his faith."

Hope that helps.