Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 4:48 Vs 4:153

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
4:48 Vs 4:153
« on: June 06, 2014, 01:50:37 PM »
Salam Dear All

A "contradiction" in the Quran has been pointed out on a Facbook page as follows:

4:48 VERILY, God does not forgive the ascribing of divinity to aught beside Him, although He forgives any lesser sin unto whomever He wills: for he who ascribes divinity to aught beside God has indeed contrived an awesome sin.

4:153 (part)...Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority.

Kindly comment. Thanks in advance.

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: 4:48 Vs 4:153
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2014, 02:23:17 AM »
Greetings Mubashir.

I believe in the context of all  Qoran, GOD does not forgive Idolworship"Shirk If maintained until death. That is what 4:48 is stating.

One can always repent and will find that GOD is Forgiver most Merciful.

In the case of the " Calf" Those who repented were forgiven:

2:54
Recall that Moses said to his people, "O my people, you have wronged your souls by worshiping the calf. You must repent to your Creator. You shall kill your egos. This is better for you in the sight of your Creator." He did redeem you. He is the Redeemer, Most Merciful.

وَإِذ قالَ موسىٰ لِقَومِهِ يٰقَومِ إِنَّكُم ظَلَمتُم أَنفُسَكُم بِاتِّخاذِكُمُ العِجلَ فَتوبوا إِلىٰ بارِئِكُم فَاقتُلوا أَنفُسَكُم ذٰلِكُم خَيرٌ لَكُم عِندَ بارِئِكُم فَتابَ عَلَيكُم إِنَّهُ هُوَ التَّوّابُ الرَّحيمُ

So they were forgiven.
There is no contradiction.
GOD bless you.

Peace.

"
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline Mubashir

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2014, 12:11:16 AM »
Thanks Good Logic.

Will post your response !!

Offline optimist

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2014, 04:18:02 AM »
There is a big difference between doing a wrong in jahalath (ignorance) and doing the same thing after knowledge of it has been reached.  I believe this is the issue here.
The meaning which was lost in all our divisions will not be understood until our perceptions become untainted -  Allama Iqbal