Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Gender roles according to the Quran ?

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
Gender roles according to the Quran ?
« on: December 22, 2014, 03:10:54 AM »
As salam alaykum,

Dear brothers and sisters,
I would like to know your thoughts about this increasingly confusing and controversial topic.

There are ideological, and cultural forces that are constantly shaping male and female roles in society. My questions is, what are the explicit boundaries set by the Quran concerning gender roles, the rules that should not be altered regardless of cultural changes. And in which areas does the Quran leave us free to adapt to societal/cultural changes regarding the same matter.

Thank you in advance.

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
Re: Gender roles according to the Quran ?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2014, 06:17:11 AM »
Aleikum wa salam dear brother Ahmad,
Here's an interesting post about the subject you are talking about. I read it a few days ago, and the moment I saw the topic of your post, I remembered to have read something very beautiful about it, and I don't think I would have anything to add to it. It was posted from sister Hope about a year ago (I hope she doesn't mind me orientating you towards it) :
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=886.0
I hope i was of help,
Your sister Seraphina :)
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."

Offline ahmad

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 06:14:26 AM »
Thank you sister Seraphina for sharing the link  :)

Offline Seraphina

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:42:07 PM »
You're most welcome brother :) I hope it was useful to you.
"Say:"O my slaves who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of Allah: for Allah forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful."