Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.

Offline Abu Hafsat

• View Profile
Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.
« on: January 03, 2016, 05:03:26 AM »
  As-Salaam alaykum,
Ayat 21 of Surat Ahzab of the Holy Qur'an (33:21) reads:--

"YOU HAVE INDEED IN THE APOSTLE OF ALLAH A BEAUTIFUL PATTERN (of conduct), FOR ANYONE WHOSE
        HOPE IS IN ALLAH AND THE FINAL DAY, AND WHO ENGAGES MUCH IN THE PRAISE OF ALLAH."

Thus since our object is Allah, Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala, and the Last Day, we are charged to follow the Prophetic guidance shown by Prophet Muhammad, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam... the guidance referred to as "a beautiful example.." that Allah loves. Spiritual teachers have always told us that the Prophet's beautiful example primarily lies in in the inner qualities of his soul... designated by his Compassion, Justice, Generosity, Forgiveness etc

We should imitate him in this, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, by obeying the rules of Islamic Shari'a and overcoming everyday forgetfulness of the Soul. This is closely related to the teaching in Ayat 31 of Surat Ali-Imran of the Holy Qur'an:--

"SAY: IF YOU LOVE ALLAH, FOLLOW ME, AND ALLAH WILL LOVE YOU AND FORGIVE YOU YOUR SINS". (3:31)

In otherwords, the way to become worthy of Allah's Love is to follow Prophet's guidance. The goal of following this guidance is explained by a famous Hadith Qudsi in which the Prophet, Sallallahu alaihi Wasallam, quotes the words of Allah Ta'ala:--

"WHEN MY SERVANT APPROACHES ME THROUGH GOOD WORKS, THEN I LOVE HIM. WHEN I LOVE HIM, I AM THE
     HEARING WITH WHICH HE HEARS, THE EYE WITH WHICH HE SEES, THE HAND WITH WHICH HE GRASPS, AND THE
     FOOT WITH WHICH HE WALKS." [Bukhari, Hadith No. 6502].

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:25:42 AM »
Salaam Abu Hafsat,

The first Surah you quoted (33:21) has been explained in great detail in the following article. Feel free to read it and post (on this forum) any criticism you may have of it:

http://quransmessage.com/articles/follow%20example%20of%20prophet%20FM3.htm

You also said:

"the way to become worthy of Allah's Love is to follow Prophet's guidance"

I agree with you, provided that with both agree on the Quran being the only source which the prophet was given to admonished and guide with.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/quran%20sole%20guidance%20FM3.htm

http://quransmessage.com/articles/god%20has%20warned%20believers%20to%20only%20follow%20the%20quran%20FM3.htm

Peace.

Offline Star

• View Profile
Re: Ayat 21 Of Surat Ahzab Analysed.
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 06:58:32 AM »
Salam

I can see where this is going.

The Quran is the only thing Prophet Muhammad was allowed to guide people with. The Quran says you need to follow Muhammad, and it also says it's fully detailed. Which means that everything we need to follow Muhammad is in the Quran.

The links Hassan posted explain things in more detail.

For context, the Quran also cites other people as examples, like Mary and Abraham. Do we have the hadiths of Mary to follow? Of course not. We follow these people's examples through the Quran.