Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: regarding 33:27

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
regarding 33:27
« on: June 12, 2016, 05:15:47 PM »
Dear Forum Members
Salam

33:72
Indeed We offered the trust to the heavens and the earth and the mountains, and they declined to bear it and feared; but man(undertook to) bear it. indeed he was unjust and ignorant.

What do you understand by this verse? If this issue is already discussed in this forum then would anyone please forward me the link. sorry to bother you.

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: regarding 33:27
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2016, 07:06:15 PM »
As-salamu alaykum Munir,

Please kindly see below. I have already shared my perspectives on this question.

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=85.0

Regards,
Joseph

'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 12:26:49 PM »
A very interesting question and perspective from Joseph Islam. Thanks very much.

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 03:56:41 PM »
My Brother Joseph A. Islam

Salam.

Thanks a lot for your response.
But I am afraid, yet I am not able to concieve the true meaning of the verse.
If the other creations such as mountain have no power of volition then what is the meaning to ask them anything.

With very best regards.
Munir Rana

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 11:53:49 AM »
@munir rana,

Presumably volition would have been given to the mountains had vicegerency been accepted.

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 03:17:34 PM »
Dear Sahamatt

Salam.

Yes presumably it happend.
One more question here arises in my mind that what is the meaning of `sending Quran to a mountain'. How do you understand it?
A few days earlier I posted a question regarding 21:79 about exalting mountain (...and we subjected the mountains to exalt (us) along with David and (also) the birds.).
what do you understand by this verse?
This verse may have a relation to 33:72.
Sorry if i bother you with silly questions.

Offline Shahmatt

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 06:34:27 PM »
All things are subject to God's will.

In the case of 21:79 we see an example of mountains and birds exalting God, because God willed that it be done.

IMO it is similar to the sun rising, because the sun rises by God's will, or the waves breaking on rocks along a shore, because the waves break by God's will.

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 07:51:31 PM »
Dear Sahamatt
Salam.

Actually its my limitation, I think. I can even visualize the breaking of waves or chirping of birds as exalting God. When it comes to mountain alongwith birds (as in the verse), I got bemused. A stationary mountain?
But I hope you are right. 
May Allah increase my understanding.

Thanks. Best regards.

Offline Nura

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2016, 08:18:23 PM »
Salam munir

I interpret the verse like this, I believe and we r told in the Quran that created things living and non-living both follow the laws ordained to them, but this does not mean they do not have volition. It is said all pray and serve God in a manner revealed to them, so living things and non-living things follow God differently. But when the mountains are talked about in this verse I believe the mountain echoed Prophet David's psalm singing and birds where chirping along with him. I believe the mountains echo our sayings too sometimes if we can get that loud and other factors are met! I believe that is how the mountain joined in singing God's praises by echoing whatever Prophet David was saying but that doesn't mean the mountain can't or didn't pray along with Prophet David in a manner which is not discernable, maybe there r ways by which mountains pray that we do not understand or can see! Hope this helps
Not all those who wander are lost - J.R.R. Tolkien

Offline munir rana

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2016, 03:06:38 PM »
Salam Nura

Thanks for your response.

You said, `living things and non-living things follow God differently.' Thats right.
But echo of anything actually the action of the source, I think, not the action of the reflector.
There must have other bodies like trees, rocks around there. But those were not mentioned in the verse. Those bodies also exalt God, undoubtedly.

Anyway, I agree with your conclusion that `maybe there r ways by which mountains pray that we do not understand or can see!'

Best regards.

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 08:03:15 AM »