Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Neglecting prayers a serious matter

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Neglecting prayers a serious matter
« on: June 25, 2016, 04:44:54 AM »
Asalamu Alykum brothers and sister

After reading a very inspiring post that brother Joseph shared I realized a serious matter that could become a very accepted and adopted theology in the majority of Muslim thought. May Allah bless us all and bring us to a path that is even closer than we are now.

The statement that sparked the thought was this by a sister who seemed very humble. May Allah bless her and her family and help her in her journey.

"So we kind of became the Muslim version of born-again Christians. Islam but with all "rituals" taken away."

What came to my mind was these verses which seem like a warning.

19:58 Those were some of the prophets on whom Allah did bestow His Grace,- of the posterity of Adam, and of those who We carried (in the Ark) with Noah, and of the posterity of Abraham and Israel of those whom We guided and chose. Whenever the Signs of (Allah) Most Gracious were rehearsed to them, they would fall down in prostrate adoration and in tears.

19:59 But there came after them successors who neglected prayer and pursued desires; so they are going to meet evil

74:42 What hath brought you to this burning? 74:43 They will answer: We were not of those who prayed

Just a little reminder to myself and all whom it reaches.

May Allah have mercy and blessings on us all

Salam

Offline Hassan A

• The truth has prevailed and falsehood has vanished
    • View Profile
Re: Neglecting prayers a serious matter
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2016, 06:37:50 AM »
Salaam Hamzeh,

Thank you for sharing that. I, too, have at times wondered a similar thing as that of the sister you mentioned.
It is a pity that some 'Quran-only' adherents have abandoned certain rituals (such as the salat) on the grounds that said rituals supposedly find no support from the Quran.
Indeed, my Allah have mercy on us all bless and guide us all to the truth.

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2016, 12:45:41 PM »
Wa alykum wa salam Hassan

Your welcome bro. Its been a pleasure reading some of your wisdom Masha'Allah on this forum and thanks for sharing those as well. May God bless you.

It does seem to be a growing belief upon many who say they follow the Quran. I've seen many just recently professing that view and trying to convince people that salat(prayer) does not mean prayer and saum does not mean fasting and so on (which everyone is entitled to their opinion) , but it does seem to be tougher to tackle than that of the traditional views of the hadith cases.

Although at first glance at the arguments professed by those who claim salat is not prayer and zakat is not a tax and seeyam is not fasting and so on, it may be convincing to the one who is not well versed or have a general understanding of the Quran and the prayer requirements.

Sometimes I can't help but to think that some people seem like this world was created for the interest of us humans and that we make out the most of it for our own desires and to live life to the fullest. But what some people I think are not understanding is that even though there is many blessings and lots to be grateful Alhamdulila in this world and God did make lots of what He created subservient to us (67:17), that God also created the Jinns and Humans to worship Him and get to know Him. To understand that He is the Creator and to look for Him. To also follow what He has commanded. Everything in the heavens and the earth points to the direction that there is a God the Designer.

51:56 And I did not create the jinn and mankind except to worship Me.

It does not seem like it was simply created for the pleasure of humans and a place for a permanent stay.

3:189-191 To Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the Earth; and Allah has power over all things. In the creation of the heavens and the Earth, and in the alternation of night and day are Signs. Those who celebrate the praise of Allah while standing up, sitting down, or lying on their sides and they contemplate the creation of the heavens and the Earth. They say: ‘Our Lord! You have not created all of this for no purpose! Glory be to You! Save us from the punishment of the Hell-Fire!"

It does definitely have its resting places and times that are very joyful and Alhamdulila something to be very very grateful. But also as man is foolish and transgresses there is the call to the Almighty that needs to be accounted for at times of the day with a format that needs to include the basic procedures that was dictated in the Quran. This was a blessing and mercy from the Lord.

If the interpretation is true that before we came to this world took a covenant with the Lord and accepted a trust(amana), and man was foolish and unjust to himself for not knowing what he is getting into (33:72). Then I find so much compassion and mercy from our Creator for accepting from us prayers and sending us guidance and not leaving us alone from the beginning.

As i'm sure that most of us would agree that we humans are fallible and sinful and always need to be reminded of our Creator and to do righteous deeds. And that prayers would possibly help God willing in defacing those sins.

Only God knows but one can't help but to think that maybe prayers is something that could be done to prevent someone from getting punished. 

"74:42 What hath brought you to this burning? 74:43 They will answer: We were not of those who prayed"

Peace

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2016, 09:43:04 PM »
 :) :)
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell

Offline Aayankhan

• View Profile
    • Coupons To
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2016, 04:21:54 PM »
Those routine to pray 5 times a day, their bodies, their hearts and their souls, beg them to answer back to the call to Salah prayer. Those who fall in line to pray with attentiveness of heart and soul, with motivation and longing to promote and purify themselves spiritually, often witness positive impact of their prayers on their upcoming lives.