Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Bush or Tree?

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
Bush or Tree?
« on: February 14, 2017, 05:41:37 PM »
Salam All ,

As you all know the Story of Moses from jewish/Christian Tradition his first contact with god was through a burning Bush on the holy Mountain which he climbed after he saw a fire from a distance .

Now the Story in the Quran is a bit different and i come to this ayat
28:30
فلما أتىها نودى من شطئ الواد الأيمن فى البقعة المبركة من الشجرة أن يموسى إنى أنا الله رب العلمين

to make it short this ayat is not talking about a burning bush the word asch-schajarat is mostly translated as Tree .
Whats your opinion on that as there are hardly trees on desert mountains i believe .

Peace

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
Re: Bush or Tree?
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 06:03:30 AM »
Asalamu Alykum Deliverance

28:29Then, when Moses had fulfilled the term, and was travelling with his housefolk, he saw in the distance a fire and said unto his housefolk: Bide ye (here). Lo! I see in the distance a fire; peradventure I shall bring you tidings thence, or a brand from the fire that ye may warm yourselves.

28:30 And when he reached it, he was called from the right side of the valley in the blessed field, from the tree: O Moses! Lo! I, even I, am Allah, the Lord of the Worlds;

When Moses reached the fire he was then called to the right side of the valley where the tree was.

The translation of the word chajrata is a tree.

Hope that helps Insha'Allah

Peace

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:03 AM »
Peace Deliverance

One more thing I forgot to mention is that I do not find in the Arabic or the English translation the mention of any mountain.

It was basically the fire that was burning that led prophet Moses (pbuh) to go that direction which of course was part of God's plan and then from there Moses seems to of heard a call from a tree that was located in a blessed field which was on the right side of a valley.

So no desert mountains are mentioned.

Peace

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 11:32:50 PM »
okay according to the Translation it is a tree but the only plant which fits the description is a bush .

23:20
وشجرة تخرج من طور سيناء تنبت بالدهن وصبغ للءاكلين
Also a (tree?) springing out of Mount Sinai, which produces oil, and relish for those who use it for food.

Could it be that Rubus sanctus is the tree mentioned in the quran ,you get Food and seedoil from it like it is mentioned in the ayat above .

http://luirig.altervista.org/search/pics.php?search=Rubus sanctus

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:44:40 AM »
And as the fruits are hanging it is possible after a rainshower that raindrops can reflect sunrays if the angle is right.

Thats my Suggestion how Moses thought that it is fire in distance.Instead it was the sun reflecting in the hanging raindrops on the fruit

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 02:59:16 AM »
And as the fruits are hanging it is possible after a rainshower that raindrops can reflect sunrays if the angle is right.

Thats my Suggestion how Moses thought that it is fire in distance.Instead it was the sun reflecting in the hanging raindrops on the fruit

Shalom / peace ... Why could there not just be fire that prophet Moses saw? What mental conflict do you have that you are offering another suggestion? Just curious .....  ::)

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 03:09:56 AM »
Water droplets may reflect light, but it is incredulous to me that anyone could mistake that as 'fire'.
I concur with Duster that there is no point in seeking an alternative explanation.
Regards
wanderer
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2017, 04:44:34 AM »
Well nar means the flaming or blazing and if you saw light throught a raindrop it is twinkling like a star

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2017, 10:59:32 AM »
Asalamu Alykum Deliverance

I think the translation of 23:20 you quoted is not correct.

First of all in the Arabic there is no mentioned of mountain. I take it the translator translated "toor" as mountain. When the Quran mentions mountains as "jabal or jibal (plural)". So it is not correct translation.

Second of all 23:20 is not related to 28:29.

It is clear that from 28:29 that Moses (pbuh) saw a fire and thought he would go and grab a brand from it so that his family may stay warm.

Also in verse 23:20 I dont know why the translation you posted has the word "tree" in brackets when the arabic clearly mentions the word "shajratan" which springs forth from "toor" which toor maybe a valley.

Hope that helps Insha'Allah

Salam

Offline Deliverance

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2017, 01:22:57 AM »
Sorry Hamzeh its my mistake the Translation of 23:20 is from yusuf ali but the brackets and the questionmark is from me.As i belive that the bush sanctus rubus is the plant through which god has spoken .

So you think that tour is a valley how do get to this ?

one think is telling us the quran about tour ,it is on the other side located where the Prophet muhammed lived and he never been there.