Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Aqeedah

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Aqeedah
« on: December 31, 2011, 09:42:45 AM »
Salaam people me again!

I have been thinking about this topic a lot recently. I see so many sects spouting that 'your aqeedah is wrong, ours is right', (holier than thou nonsense) rather than respectfully discussing their differences in opinions and coming together on common grounds. This is obviously due to the 'being part of a club' sectarian approach people assume. I would like to know from a Quranic perspective if there is any support for the word 'AQEEDAH' (in separation to 'sects' as we know this is forbidden Quranically). This is used to substantiate their claims:

====

Aqidah linguistically is derived from the term aqada. In Arabic, one states, "Aqada the rope" when the rope is tied firmly. And, "Aqada the sale" or "He settled the sale" when the person ratifies and contracts a sale or agreement. And Allah says in the Quran, "And as for those whom your right hands have made a covenant (Ar., aqadat)" [Al-Nisa 33]. And Allah also says, "But He will take you to task for the oaths which you swear in earnest (Ar., aqadtum) [Al-Maida, 89] which means asserted and adhered to, as proven in the verse, "And break not oaths after the assertion of them" [An-Nahl, 91]. If one says, "Aqadtu such and such," it means his heart is firm upon such and such.

Therefore, Aqidah or I'tiqad according to the scholars of Islam is: The firm creed that one's heart is fixed upon without any wavering or doubt. It excludes any supposition, doubt or suspicion...

Source: http://www.kalamullah.com/aqeedah.html

----

It seems to me that people are making 1+1= 3 (humbly speaking) and enforcing a concept not necessarily emphasised by God.

Your views please!

Regards,

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
Re: Aqeedah
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 03:28:07 AM »
Aslamaolaikum Visionary.

The only correct Aqeedah that I know of a true believer is what is in the Quran, for example:

(1) Belief in One True God (2:285) with no partners (112:1) and the Last Day (2:62)
(2) Belief in the Angels (2:285)
(3) Belief in the Quran (2:285)
(4) Belief in the previous revealed Books (2:285)
(5) Belief in the messengers of God (2:285)
(6) No distinctions between the messengers. (2:285)

Saba