Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Revolution

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
Revolution
« on: December 31, 2011, 10:14:55 AM »
Salaam people!

You are probably aware of the views of various sects regarding revolutionary action. Some sunni sects state that it is forbidden to conduct in revolutionary action such as deposing an unjust tyrant/ dictator (based on hadith narrations), whereas other sects do not prohibit this (with conditions applying).

Now from what I can gather it's simply a case of doing what's right and necessary at the time. I would expect it to be justifiable to depose a criminal dictator if need be in order to stop oppression or as a defence. Some sects say that even if you are being oppressed you must comply and wait for the decree of God to chance the situation, and continue to pray for mercy in hope.

What would be the Quranic position regarding revolution? What springs to mind is the Quranic narration of Jalut being confronted by Dawud in respect to this.

Your views kindly appreciated.

Regards,

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
Re: Revolution
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2012, 06:28:54 AM »

dear Visionary
In my view, the Koran tells us clearly that we should not accept injustice, especially when other people are suffering from oppression and poverty. So the believer must do something. (see 42.42, 42.39) Sometimes it may be better to practice patience until the right time for change the situation is coming  and sometimes is  talking the right way and sometimes revolution.
Moses is indeed from Allah sent to Pharaoh, first, to invite him to believe in Allah, to the  truth, to  make good, as  this it has borne no fruit, he got help from Allah with warnings (the nine plagues), and finally he chose the path of hijra with the people of Israel.
Here we see pretty different steps:
1 - Invitation to the Truth
2-  Disclosure of oppression, injustice
3- warnings
4- deeds
The story of the Queen of Sheba comes to me in the same direction.she also was invited to the truth. When we see something wrong, we must try to change it.
I actually see nowhere in the Koran the call for passivity how some people demand it from the Muslims. Injustice should be always "fought", it is just the question of what "weapon."

Offline Saba

• Keen to learn and understand the True Islam
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2012, 09:07:11 AM »
Dear sister Chadiga - Salam.

Interesting answer. Thanks for sharing  :)

Saba

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2012, 04:42:51 AM »
you are welcome! :)

Offline Visionary

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2012, 11:54:49 PM »
Salaam,

Yes a very concise and well pointed response Chadiga thank you!

Regards,

Offline chadiga

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2012, 02:05:26 AM »
salaam you're welcome too!! :)