Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: 5:101 and 57:14

Offline yahya

• View Profile
5:101 and 57:14
« on: March 30, 2017, 10:45:39 AM »
Assalam alikum I was just wondering there are loads of verses whitch encourage to qustion and not to be blind followers and such but these verses 5:101 and 57:14 makes it sound like once your a muslim ir already a muslim your not allowed to question anymore or its wrong to qustion like 57:14 makes it sound like if you qustion you are becoming a hypocrite so I'm confuse by these verses jazzakkallah

Offline yahya

• View Profile
Re: 5:101 and 57:14
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 11:56:50 AM »
Like it says in 57:14 that the hypocrites field into doubt because they put themselves there si that makes it sound like we're not allowed to question like we are not allowed to study science or philosophy etc because they get you too qustion that's why I'm confused by these 2 verses

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2017, 10:02:04 PM »
Shalom / peace .... Thinking and using your intellect and questioning is one thing ... asking useless and unnecessary questions which have no purpose ...which no one can answer as its all guesswork and questions which will only make the deen harder is another I think ..... That is the main guidance i think in all this ....

Also you might want to have a look at the brief article by brother Joseph below .... He says quite beautifully that ...

>>>>nothing is more striking than the desire of the people in question to elicit finer and finer details of a general religious commandment to the point that it became nearly impossible for them to perform.

In a similar way, attempting to elicit such finer details from commandments of scripture serve no other purpose but to detract from the real essence and subtleness of the commandments which always seek to teach the middle way. Many times the directives are of a general purport to be carried out as 'best endeavour' and not in any way designed to impose a burden, to become complicated or to become extreme in their interpretation.

Take a look >>>> http://quransmessage.com/articles/wisdom%20-%20baqarah%20FM3.htm

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2017, 02:09:59 AM »
Ok thanks that answers 5:101 because it is meaning more about what is halal or haram to the point that makes things difficult to perform like the children of israily it's talking more about the sharia law etc thanks jazzakkallah.

But I'm still stuck on the other verse 57:14 because it talks about putting your self into doubt and we know philosophy is one of the most hardest subjects that make you qustion so wouldn't 57:14 be talking about that jazzakkallah

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2017, 03:11:21 AM »
Yes doubted ... but where does it say in that verse that they doubted because they started to ask too many good questions or for using their brains properly ?

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2017, 10:42:33 AM »
Yes but philosophy makes you qustion about everything so when you qustion you can fall into doubt so the verse makes it sound like they the hypocrites put them selves in to situations that can make them doubt if you know what I mean jazzakkallah

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2017, 04:47:41 PM »
I'll repeat the question....where does it say in that verse that they doubted because they started to ask too many good questions or for using their brains properly ? Please don't get  philosophical......>>

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2017, 02:07:15 AM »
Ok so what does the verse mean to you like what situation would 57:14 in modern day age mean

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2017, 02:47:03 AM »
Those that doubt Allah's promise that He is is true or the day of judgement ...qiyamat ...will come and that Allah was true all along. Those that doubted that message and rejected the prophets and messengers words that told them that. Those that rejected and doubted the message in the scriptures today... There are still those today in the modern day that doubt GOD's existence or that there will be a final day.... >>> Doesn't need to get more complicated than that I think ....

Offline yahya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2017, 06:23:54 AM »
Thanks also what does the first mean by you put yourself into temption on purpose the arabic word here is fitnah I'm not sure what this means because we all sin on purpose sometimes and put our self's into fitnah on purpose sometimes so would that make us hypocrites or does it mean something else

Offline ilker

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2017, 06:09:10 PM »
Salamun alaykum all

About the definition of fitnah:

http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?topic=2058.msg10397#msg10397

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 04, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
the arabic word here is fitnah I'm not sure what this means

Shalom / peace ... brother Joseph has a post dedicated to the meaning of 'Fitnah' .....>>> See below 

'Fitnah' - A Deeper Meaning Behind Our Trials  - https://www.facebook.com/joseph.a.islam/posts/278846865585781

Offline relearning

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2017, 03:19:36 PM »
yahya are you from turkey? doubt is essential in human life without doubt at first you cant reach any certainity it encourages you to dig everything around you and put them into scrutiny double check them etc. so having doubts is no threat to your belief i believe. Actually you must have doubt! I dont think god will like people whom are like sheep following mindlessly who is infront of them. so even challenging god sincerely is the way to go i think that will even please god i believe. so keep having doubts and sincerely continue to search the truth even it is in contradiction to what you have belived so far. by the way turkish people can we get in touch in a specific forum subject here?