Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: From a Protestant Evangelical Christian in the US

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
From a Protestant Evangelical Christian in the US
« on: April 27, 2017, 08:33:10 PM »
Hi and hello (from US)

I just wanted to write you a quick note to say hello from one monotheist to another.  I am a masters student finishing up an end-of-the-semester paper and I found your helpful site.  I found your writing style to be particularly gracious and humble, even while also writing persuasively.  You may find it interesting to hear that my paper's topic is Apostasy in Islam, and your perspective is very helpful, being one that sees apostasy and riddah being ultimately a matter left only to God.  As I say to some of my other Muslim friends, including my brother-in-law, no less—I hope and pray that others will interpret the Qur'an and the Hadith more like you.  I say that with personal experience of working with many Persian refugees here in [Place removed] who, while allowed to keep their lives, were exiled from their country of Iran, because they chose to leave Islam.

I write as a Protestant Evangelical Christian so of course, you and I will not agree on everything, but I think finding and focusing on each other's disagreements is sometimes from the Devil, the Enemy.  Instead, I admire your humanity that shines visibly, your obvious devotion to God who created both you and me, and your pursuit of Truth above dogma.

I pray for many blessings on you and your family, and I pray nothing except for God to guide us both, and all of humanity, into the Truth, and nothing else.

As the apostle Paul was fond of writing:
Grace and peace to you from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ,