Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Negativity and positivity

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Negativity and positivity
« on: June 26, 2017, 06:08:21 AM »
Salam brothers and sisters

Hope you are all fine.
I wanted to know about our thoughts..my husband..he is also a Quran alone follower... actually..he is still learning..he said..what we keep on thinking...it happens ultimately...if we think about something good..it will happen..and if we think about something bad..it might happen too.
Well m not sure...but..I realised this..sometimes..what we think happens...like..when we went on a vacation...me and my sis..were repeatedly joking that...what happens if we miss the flight...and we were on time..yet we missed the flight...same..my cousin..who was to go to London..he kept joking tat..what if I miss my laptop..I may have to comeback..etc etc..and when he went to t airport..his passport was seized as it was not renewed..and he came back...I always got most of my things when I prayed to God..thanks to God...my husband says..u kept thinking about it..n it happened...you prayed and got it..so...I wanted to ask...does such things exists?..do we get what we think?..will something bad happen if we think about something bad...?.. actually..m fearing about mon b dad..I don't know...I jus started thinking..what will happen to us..if something happens to our parents..who will look after us...so n so...I jus love my parents very much..I just couldn't think about their death..I know..it will happen one day..but I m still not in condition to accept tat..n told my hubby about it..he says..don't think like that...if u keep thinking like that.. something may really happen to my parents...
So I wanted to know...does such things happen?..I said..i couldn't accept that...he said...ask your Quran group and let me know..
Kindly someone please help..

Regards
Anjum

Offline ilker

• View Profile
Re: Negativity and positivity
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2017, 10:19:31 AM »
Salam

I'm not sure that this notion of "whatever you think happens ultimately" has any solid reference from the Quran. I mean yes, sometimes the things we think about might eventually come true as a test, but not always. If we knew they were to come true at all times then we would be able to get ready for them.

"Say, "I do not possess (any) benefit or harm for myself, except what ever Allah decides; and if I had known the Unseen, I would indeed have got plenty of the most charitable things, and in no way would odious times have touched me. Decidedly I am nothing except a constant warner and a constant bearer of good tidings to a people who believe." (7:188)

All we have to do is always put our trust in Allah(swt) inshaAllah. We seek refuge in Him from the things that cause fear in our hearts.

"As for man, when his Lord tests him, and thus gives him honour and bounties, he says, “My Lord has honoured me.” But when he tests him, and thus straitens his provision for him, he says, “My Lord has disgraced me.” No! But you do not honour the orphan, and you do not encourage one another to feed the poor. And you devour the inheritance with a sweeping gulp, and you love wealth with a passion." (89:15-20)

"Surely We will test you with a bit of fear and hunger, and loss in wealth and lives and fruits, and give good tidings to the patient." (2:155)

"Every soul will taste death. And We test you with evil and with good as trial; and to Us you will be returned." (21:35)

"Do the people think that they will be left to say, "We believe" and they will not be tried ? But We have certainly tried those before them, and Allah will surely make evident those who are truthful, and He will surely make evident the liars." (29:2-3)

In Surah Kehf, Prophet Musa (pbuh) was also tested if he could be patient towards the things he witnessed from outside and then he understood the wisdom behind them and took the lesson which can be summarized as the last part of the ayah 2:216:

"Fighting has been enjoined upon you while it is hateful to you. But perhaps you hate a thing and it is good for you; and perhaps you love a thing and it is bad for you. And Allah Knows, while you know not. (2:216)

We must always remember though, we cannot lose our hope of Allah(swt)'s mercy.

"O my sons, go and search for Yūsuf and his brother, and do not lose hope in the mercy of Allah. In fact, only the infidels lose hope in Allah’s mercy.” (12:87)

Offline Anjum

• View Profile
Re: Negativity and positivity
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:17:29 AM »
Salam brother ilker

Thank you very much for your reply...I wasn't expecting a reply as it was too long ago I posted. And you replied with Quran verses..thank you very much...it was helpful...thank you...
May God bless us All..

Regards
Anjum