Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: houris article and arabic word (huunna)

Offline richard

• View Profile
houris article and arabic word (huunna)
« on: October 03, 2017, 12:13:50 AM »
Assalam alikum I have a few questions related to tho article virgins in paradise and such

1. You say that 56:35 is a new creation for everyone but my problem with that is that it uses the Arabic word (huunna) it is feminine and all through the quran it is used for females not males

2. And in 55:56 again it says (huunna) so again it is  feminine  so again it would mean female not male

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: houris article and arabic word (huunna)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2017, 12:49:46 AM »
Shalom / peace Richard ...

Brother Joseph says the following in his article on this topic ....

There is no neuter gender in Arabic. 'Gender' is a function of language convention and not necessarily 'physiology'.  For example, the feminine 'shams' in Arabic (sun) or the masculine 'qamar' (moon) is merely a function of language convention as understood by the Arabs where such genders are assigned. Similarly, the Quran presents similitudes of a world that is as yet, unknown to humans. Therefore, references to a creation such as 'Hur' are arguably not best understood in terms of  earthly concepts of gender, physical attributes etc, especially when the Quran is explicit that we will be formed into a new creation (56:35-37) in a spiritual world that is only presented to us in similitudes. Hence, 'Hur', a plural formation of both a male (Ahwar) and female (Hawra) counterpart is best rendered as 'pure companions' even though in the Arabic language convention, it is assigned a female gender.

http://quransmessage.com/articles/sexy%20female%20virgins%20for%20men%20in%20heaven%20FM3.htm

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 01:36:32 AM »
I sort of understand what you mean and I can agree with for 55:56 but 1.why is 56:35 not masculine and 2. is 55:56 talking about us or the houris just to know and 3. why is huunna used jazzakallah I still don't fully understand jazzakallah  because also even muhammad asad says 56:35 is female believers and 55:56 is either female believers or female houris and he isn't a traditionalist jazzakallah but like I said I still don't fully understand it

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2017, 04:41:11 AM »
And why are they fihinna in 55:56 and 55:68-70 instead of fihima because it imply there not allowed to be seen except by the individual so they don't see anyone except the individual there joined too so why fihinna instead of fihima

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2017, 01:35:04 PM »
Also is it possible that 1. the houris are just us believers or 2. just the women believers of this life jazzakallah 2. Is the view of Muhammad asad and Al-Hasan al-Basri  or is this all wrong jazzakallah hasan al basri and muhammad asad  and 1. Jazzakallah

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2017, 04:33:28 PM »
Shalom / peace.  Why does it seem like Sharon / Yahya again (both banned accounts as i understand) asking similar type styled questions through another account?

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2017, 12:08:55 AM »
Assalam alikum I don't know who that is I'm just asking questions what people bring up and bringing evedence like the view of Muhammad asad and hasan al basri and verses from the quran and like seeing allah in jannah is a big theological question in the Sunni and shia world so I wanted to know the quranic centric view on this and people bring up the verses about women and Khalifa in the litrial sense and I wanted to know about the symbolic sense and people bring up about women obeying there husbands but no one has brought up about 12:25 the husband being called lord so I don't know what the answer is too that

Offline Hamzeh

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2017, 01:42:47 PM »
Asalamu 3alykum

Shalom/peace brother Duster

I was actually thinking the same thing.

:)

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2017, 04:48:49 PM »
Asalamu 3alykum

Shalom/peace brother Duster

I was actually thinking the same thing.

:)

;D ;D

Shalom / peace brother Hamzeh ...

As far as I remember.... they (or one person acting with 2 accounts) were warned numerous times before they asked for their accounts to be deleted themselves.....

Yahya
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=11686

Sharon
http://quransmessage.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=12551

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2017, 12:41:13 AM »
I don't know who they are I'm bringing you evedence here you just said those people or person asked too leave if I was that person or them why would I be back if I was them or that person if I asked too leave

Anyway like I said I bringing you evedence I just reread the article again of the virgins etc and you said the words weather don't matter if there masculine or feminine but joseph said 78:33 it is women but not in the sexual manner of course so if 78:33 is female why is 56:35 and 55:56 not female because they have both have a female noun like 78:33 so why are they not female while 78:33 is jazzakallah I giving you the evedence here jazzakallah

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2017, 04:35:43 AM »
And like I said why would I be back if I was that person or persons if I asked too leave that would not make any sense if I was that person or persons

Offline wanderer

• View Profile
    • Diverging Thoughts
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2017, 09:43:34 AM »
Salaam-
Because 78:33 uses a different word than those verses, primarily meaning women.
Rather, We dash the truth upon falsehood, and it destroys it, and thereupon it departs. And for you is destruction from that which you describe. (21:18)

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2017, 12:22:51 PM »
Fair enough but huunna is always used for females everything in the quran when huunna is used is  talking about the wives of the prophet or wives in genral in this life so that's why I'm having problems with huunna because all through the quran when it's talking about a person and that person is always a female etc but thanks

Offline richard

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 11:17:55 AM »
Assalam alikum just too say I found the answer to 56:35 and huunna it is female but like with chapter 24 about the punishment for zinc us talking about women it is also applied to men as well so like with that even thow 56:35 is talking about our wives it's applied too us men as well jazzakallah

1.But I still don't have a answer too 55:56 as to why this verse and 55:68-70  says there fihinna instead of fihima so my question is why are these verses fihinna instead of the normal fihima why are theses verses the only verses to have fihinna about jannah instead of fihima why the sudden change and change back jazzakallah