Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Should only Muslims be allowed to visit the Kaaba in Mecca?

Offline samson

• View Profile
Should only Muslims be allowed to visit the Kaaba in Mecca?
« on: October 19, 2017, 05:40:07 PM »
Hi,

Just wanted to get peoples thoughts on whether only Muslims should be allowed to visit the Kaaba. The Quran says that the Kaaba is for all men, it doesn't say that it's only for Muslims. My thoughts are that anyone should be allowed to visit regardless of their religion.

Thanks

Offline Duster

• View Profile
Re: Should only Muslims be allowed to visit the Kaaba in Mecca?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2017, 05:40:38 PM »
Shalom / peace ...

Apart from the security implications, keeping the integrity of the rites that are carried out there 24/7..... the Qur'an looks like it's pretty clear on this...

9:28
"O you who believe! the idolaters are nothing but unclean, so they shall not approach the Sacred Mosque after this year; and if you fear poverty then Allah will enrich you out of His grace if He please; surely Allah is Knowing Wise."

What purpose would it serve anyway? Its a holy sanctuary for believers. Isn't that what Masjid 'Haram' means??? Prohibited?

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 04:57:19 AM »
Hi,

The verse says it's unclean for the idolaters but not monotheistic believers. Hence if anyone believes in the one God regardless of them being Christian, Jew, Muslim or even Hindu then I don't see why it shouldn't be OK.

The purpose it would serve is in unifying people to one God rather than keeping them as separate groups.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 06:37:21 AM »
Hi,

The verse says it's unclean for the idolaters but not monotheistic believers. Hence if anyone believes in the one God regardless of them being Christian, Jew, Muslim or even Hindu then I don't see why it shouldn't be OK.

The purpose it would serve is in unifying people to one God rather than keeping them as separate groups.

Shalom / peace.....Monotheists of different Scriptures can still be unified under the same God but have different qiblas, places of worship, different rites and practices. There are many verses of Qur'an to support this.......Allah has also protected different Synogogues and Churches for worship  as it says in the Qur'an...

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 06:55:21 AM »
I know Joseph is of the opinion that the Kaaba was not created by Abraham and his sons but I disagree with him. I think the kaaba was created by Abraham and his sons for all of mankind to do the pilgrimage. But Muslim arrogance has led them to prohibit to all except Muslims.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 07:31:22 AM »
Please show proof from the Qur'an then .... that the Ka'aba was built by prophet Abraham ....

Offline samson

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 06:34:19 PM »
I can't find anything explicit but the Quran doesn't contain details of everything. The same goes for the Bible. Sometimes info is contained in other text which are not divine.

I need to do a bit more reading on this to give you a better response but from reading Josephs articles I'm not totally convinced. I think Joseph does a great job of analysing the Quran which has helped me enormously but sometimes he maybe becomes strict.

Offline Duster

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 06:47:54 PM »
Well I wouldn't know what to say about your position then ..... you can't provide proof, yet br Joseph provides deep analysis and evidence from the Qur'an to make his point .... yet you don't want to accept it ..... I believe this is a great forum for learning, providing evidence...... not just to make claims without any basis.