Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: Is it right to label the ignorant or heedless as disbelievers

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
Is it right to label the ignorant or heedless as disbelievers
« on: November 20, 2017, 10:46:45 PM »
Salaam all
I have experienced in the last 20 years some traditional Muslims calling other non traditional Muslims or people of other faith disbelievers.
I have always been of the opinion that a disbeliever or arriving at the opinion that some might be a disbeliever is a highly complex matter and possibly requires millions if not More variables which knowledge only is with Allah the Almighty and that one has to reject the truth in its entirety to be labeled a disbeliver and even then no one but God knows the States of another's heart.
I was wondering if someone calls another a disbeliever for whatever reason, and that person is Completely oblivious of faith, One God etc would person 1 unwittingly be acusing  Allah the Almighty (Astagfirullah) of creating a disbeliever?
If all the boxes have been ticked regarding disbelief i.e a deliberate rejection of one God, his messengers, his books, his commands,  are we then able to label someone/group of people as disbelievers?

Peace and kind regards

Offline good logic

• View Profile
Re: Is it right to label the ignorant or heedless as disbelievers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2017, 02:54:47 AM »
Peace miracle 114.

In my opinion any peaceful person, who does you no harm should not be called "a disbeliever":
-Wala Takulu Liman Alka Ilaykum Assalama Lasta Muminan Tabtaghuna ...-

Besides, GOD is the judge of people. -Alaika Albalagh Wa Alayna Al Hisab".

We should have enough on our plate to cleanse ourselves and worry only about our own neck.
Ataamuruna Al Naasa Bi Albirri Wa Tansawna Anfusakum Wa Antum Tatluna Al Kitab?

It is difficult indeed to concentrate on our own souls and leave GOD to be the Wakeel of His servants.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
Total loyalty to GOD
In GOD i TRUST.
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?page_id=197

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2017, 05:29:40 AM »
Salaam
I fully agree. I was not implying I wanted to call out or identify disbelievers. I was more concerned about close friends or acquaintances who might be unknowingly calling people from other creeds "disbelievers" when it could quite easily be that in the eyes of Allah the Almighty, they are not.
The words "Kafir" and "non believer" rolls off the tongue without much effort.
Jzk and peace

Offline Truth Seeker

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2017, 03:03:00 AM »
Salaam all,

Unfortunately this kind of labeling has become a common occurrence among Muslims. It really is shameful because it seems to be used with such nonchalance and they don't seem to regard it as being wrong or unpleasant.

Also many seem to 'look down' on those they deem to be unbelievers and also claim that they will be destined for Hell. This is only for God to judge surely and how much of the message they have received and understood.

Offline miracle114

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2017, 11:17:17 PM »
Salaam
I was wondering, what if some of those that are hindu, buddhist , sikh, christian etc (all man made creeds) are actually adhering to the laws of Islam ( including no idols) belief in one God, goods deeds, charity, prayer to one God alone, praising him slone, etc agree that the Quran is from God,  and the Bible, Torah, etc. Would that not make some of these people Muslim? and here are some traditionalists and others calling them Kafirs.  It does sound a bit wrong.

Jzk and kind regards