Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: How is the Quran "fully detailed"?

Offline Lobotomize94

• View Profile
How is the Quran "fully detailed"?
« on: July 11, 2020, 11:22:29 AM »
[6:114] Shall I seek other than GOD as a source of law, when He has revealed to you this book fully detailed?*

The Quran says there are parts in the Quran that are not detailed, that only Allah knows what they mean (3:7, 2:26). So how is it fully detailed if there are ambiguous verses?

Additionally, the Quran does not speak about the Christian Paul? So how is it fully detailed with respect to religion?

What is meant by the term "fully detailed"? Does it mean "having all details"? If that's the case, then its a false statement, no?

Offline Wakas

• View Profile
    • What does The Quran really say?
Re: How is the Quran "fully detailed"?
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2020, 04:56:44 AM »
IVt also doesn't tell us how to check our blood pressure, how to brush our hair, how to brush our teeth, what the name of Moses' dad was, what all the Jewish sects were at the time Quran was revealed etc etc

When you buy a self-assembly desk from IKEA and it comes with instructions which say they are fully detailed or has everything we need to know...   what is it referring to?

Offline Lobotomize94

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2020, 03:38:24 AM »
But if the IKEA explanation has parts that are ambiguous/vague and does not go into detail explaining it, is it fully detailed?

(Please don't mistaken me for a disbeliever, I'm just advocating for the skeptic position to better understand what the Quran is saying).

Offline Lobotomize94

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2020, 08:14:55 AM »
So I looked closely at verse 6:114, and it the word it used is: mufaṣṣalan. This verse is not saying the Quran has all the details or that it is "fully detailed"--it is just saying this book has explanations or detailed explanations not that it has all the details.