Author [EN] [PL] [ES] [PT] [IT] [DE] [FR] [NL] [TR] [SR] [AR] [RU] Topic: God's Mercy and 15:56

Offline Reader Comments

• View Profile
God's Mercy and 15:56
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:58:30 AM »
By Mubashir
Sent: 20 April 2012

Salam

Today while reading the Qur'an I came accross the following verse that really struck me:

15:56 [Abraham] exclaimed: "And who-other than those who have utterly lost their way-could ever abandon the hope of his Sustainer's grace?"

It gives us so much hope and to keep on striving for decency, compassion, understanding, tolerance, forgiveness, empathy and the hope that Our Lord will not abandon us inspite of our shortcomings.

Just wanted to share with you.  For some reason, when we go to mosques, some Imams stress the punishment aspect of Allah rather than reminding us that He has willed compassion on Himself !!

Regards,

Mubashir

Offline Joseph Islam

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • The Quran and its Message
Re: God's Mercy and 15:56
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 02:59:46 AM »
Indeed my brother, it is often a very different picture we get from the Quran contrasted with that we often hear through the microphones of our clergy.
The Quran’s message is one of immense hope and of forgiveness.

"O my Servants who have transgressed against their souls! Despair not of the Mercy of God: for God forgives all sins: for He is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

A GENEROUS, LOVING AND FORGIVING LORD
http://quransmessage.com/articles/generous,%20forgiving%20lord%20FM3.htm

As per verse 15:56 you quoted, only those that have gone astray despair of God’s mercy.

Regards,
Joseph.
'During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act' 
George Orwell